US ADR and Hong Kong H-share discounts of Shanghai-listed firms
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber & Jeffrey A. Busse, 1998. "Do Investors Care About Sentiment?," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-028, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Ma, Xianghai, 1996. "Capital controls, market segmentation and stock prices: Evidence from the Chinese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 219-239, July.
- Rosenthal, Leonard & Young, Colin, 1990. "The seemingly anomalous price behavior of Royal Dutch/Shell and Unilever N.V./PLC," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 123-141, July.
- J. Wang & B. M. Burton & D. M. Power, 2004. "Analysis of the overreaction effect in the Chinese stock market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(7), pages 437-442.
- Chien-Liang Chiu & Mingchih Lee & Chun-Da Chen, 2005. "Removal of an investment restriction: the 'B' share experience from China's stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 273-285.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Emil Dabora, 1998.
"How are Stock Prices Affected by the Location of Trade?,"
NBER Working Papers
6572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Froot, Kenneth A. & Dabora, Emil M., 1999. "How are stock prices affected by the location of trade?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 189-216, August.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Zhou, Haigang, 2006. "Determinants of returns and volatility of Chinese ADRs at NYSE," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Kalok Chan & Allaudeen Hameed & Sie Ting Lau, 2003. "What if Trading Location Is Different from Business Location? Evidence from the Jardine Group," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1221-1246, 06.
- Auguste, Sebastian & Dominguez, Kathryn M.E. & Kamil, Herman & Tesar, Linda L., 2006.
"Cross-border trading as a mechanism for implicit capital flight: ADRs and the Argentine crisis,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1259-1295, October.
- Sebastian Auguste & Kathryn M.E. Dominguez & Herman Kamil & Linda L. Tesar, 2005. "Cross-Border Trading as a Mechanism for Implicit Capital Flight: ADRs and the Argentine Crisis," Working Papers 533, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Bartolomé Pascual-Fuster & Francisco Climent & Roberto Pascual, 2003.
"Cross-Listing, Price Discovery And The Informativeness Of The Trading Process,"
Working Papers. Serie EC
2003-21, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Pascual, Roberto & Pascual-Fuster, Bartolome & Climent, Francisco, 2006. "Cross-listing, price discovery and the informativeness of the trading process," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 144-161, May.
- Roberto Pascual & Bartolomé Pascual-Fuste & Francisco Climent, 2001. "Cross-listing, Price Discovery and the Informativeness of the Trading Process," Business Economics Working Papers wb014511, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Fung, Hung-Gay & LEUNG, Wai K. & Zhu, Jiang, 2004. "Nondeliverable forward market for Chinese RMB: A first look," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 348-352.
- Wang, Steven Shuye & Jiang, Li, 2004. "Location of trade, ownership restrictions, and market illiquidity: Examining Chinese A- and H-shares," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1273-1297, June.
- Brown, Gregory W. & Cliff, Michael T., 2004. "Investor sentiment and the near-term stock market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Gregory W. Brown & Michael T. Cliff, 2005. "Investor Sentiment and Asset Valuation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 405-440, March.
- Grammig, Joachim & Melvin, Michael & Schlag, Christian, 2005.
"Internationally cross-listed stock prices during overlapping trading hours: price discovery and exchange rate effects,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 139-164, January.
- Joachim Grammig & Michael Melvin & Christian Schlag, 2005. "Internationally Cross-Listed Stock Prices During Overlapping Trading Hours: Price Discovery and Exchange Rate Effects," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 78, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2004.
"Investor Sentiment and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
10449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2006. "Investor Sentiment and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1645-1680, 08.
- Eric Girardin & Zhenya Liu, 2007.
"The financial integration of China: New evidence on temporally aggregated data for the A-share market,"
Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006
160, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Girardin, Eric & Liu, Zhenya, 2007. "The financial integration of China: New evidence on temporally aggregated data for the A-share market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 354-371.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J & Busse, Jeffrey A, 1998. "Do Investors Care about Sentiment?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71(4), pages 477-500, October.
- Milonas, Nikolaos T. & Travlos, Nickolaos G. & Xiao, Jason Zezhong & Tan, Cunkai, 2006. "The ex-dividend day stock price behavior in the Chinese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 155-174, April.
- Su, Qian & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung, 2007. "Determining the contributions to price discovery for Chinese cross-listed stocks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 140-153, April.
- Kim, Minho & Szakmary, Andrew C. & Mathur, Ike, 2000. "Price transmission dynamics between ADRs and their underlying foreign securities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1359-1382, August.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9781107407725 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neal, Robert & Wheatley, Simon M., 1998. "Do Measures of Investor Sentiment Predict Returns?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(04), pages 523-547, December.
- Swaminathan, Bhaskaran, 1996. "Time-Varying Expected Small Firm Returns and Closed-End Fund Discounts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(3), pages 845-87.
- Terence Tai-Leung Chong & Qian Su, 2006. "On the Comovement of A and H Shares," Chinese Economy, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 39(5), pages 68-86, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:32:y:2008:i:9:p:1916-1927. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.