Site Density Restrictions: Measurement and Empirical Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wheaton, William C., 1982. "Urban spatial development with durable but replaceable capital," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 53-67, July.
- Daniel P. McMillen, 1989. "An Empirical Model of Urban Fringe Land Use," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 65(2), pages 138-145.
- Jeffrey A. Dubin & D. Roderick Kiewiet & Charles Noussair, 1992.
"Voting On Growth Control Measures: Preferences And Strategies,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 191-213, July.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A. & Kiewiet, Roderick D. & Noussair, Charles N., 1991. "Voting on Growth Control Measures: Preferences and Strategies," Working Papers 777, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Wallace, Nancy E., 1988. "The market effects of zoning undeveloped land: Does zoning follow the market?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 307-326, May.
- James A. Thorson, 1994. "Zoning Policy Changes and the Urban Fringe Land Market," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(3), pages 527-538.
- Yuming Fu & Tsur Somerville & Mengdi Gu & Tongcheng Huang, 1999. "Land Use Rights, Government Land Supply, and the Pattern of Redevelopment in Shanghai," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 2(1), pages 49-78.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1998. "Testing for Strategic Interaction Among Local Governments: The Case of Growth Controls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 438-467, November.
- White, James R., 1988. "Large lot zoning and subdivision costs: A test," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 370-384, May.
- Bertaud, Alain & Renaud, Bertrand, 1997. "Socialist Cities without Land Markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 137-151, January.
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1995. "Strategic growth controls," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 435-460, August.
- Rolleston, Barbara Sherman, 1987. "Determinants of restrictive suburban zoning: An empirical analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Hanushek, Eric A & Quigley, John M, 1990. "Commercial Land Use Regulation and Local Government Finance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 176-180, May.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 1996. "One Hundred Fifty Years of Land Values in Chicago: A Nonparametric Approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 100-124, July.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & McDonald, John F., 1991. "Urban land value functions with endogenous zoning," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 14-27, January.
- Rosenthal Stuart S. & Helsley Robert W., 1994. "Redevelopment and the Urban Land Price Gradient," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 182-200, March.
- Pogodzinski, J. M. & Sass, Tim R., 1994. "The theory and estimation of endogenous zoning," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 601-630, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Le Blanc, David, 2005. "Economic evaluation of housing subsidy systems: a methodology with application to Morocco," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3529, The World Bank.
- Joseph Gyourko & Raven Molloy, 2014. "Regulation and Housing Supply," NBER Working Papers 20536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Shihe Fu & Yizhen Gu & Junfu Zhang, 2017.
"Measuring the Stringency of Land Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building Height Limits,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 99(4), pages 663-677, July.
- Brueckner, Jan & Fu, Shihe & Gu, Yizhen & Zhang, Junfu, 2016. "Measuring the Stringency of Land-Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building-Height Limits," MPRA Paper 70289, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Shihe Fu & Yizhen Gu & Junfu Zhang, 2016. "Measuring the Stringency of Land-Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building-Height Limits," CESifo Working Paper Series 5855, CESifo Group Munich.
- Shihe Fu, 2017. "Measuring the Stringency of Land Use Regulation: The Case of China's Building Height Limits," WISE Working Papers 2017-10-16, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Quigley, John M. & Rosenthal, Larry A., 2005. "The Effects of Land-Use Regulation on the Price of Housing: What Do We Know? What Can We Learn?," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt90m9g90w, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Jyh-Bang Jou & Tan (Charlene) Lee, 2015. "How Do Density Ceiling Controls Affect Housing Prices and Urban Boundaries?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 219-241, February.
- Iris Claus & Les Oxley & Jie Chen & Xuehui Han, 2014. "The Evolution Of The Housing Market And Its Socioeconomic Impacts In The Post-Reform People'S Republic Of China: A Survey Of The Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 652-670, September.
- Redfearn, Christian L., 2007. "The topography of metropolitan employment: Identifying centers of employment in a polycentric urban area," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 519-541, May.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & William Lester, T., 2003. "Evolving subcenters: employment and population densities in Chicago, 1970-2020," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 60-81, March.
- Fu, Yuming & Gabriel, Stuart A., 2012. "Labor migration, human capital agglomeration and regional development in China," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 473-484.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & Smith, Stefani C., 2003. "The number of subcenters in large urban areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 321-338, May.
- Anglin, Paul M. & Dale-Johnson, David & Gao, Yanmin & Zhu, Guozhong, 2014. "Patterns of growth in Chinese cities: Implications of the land lease," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 87-107.
- Christian L. Redfearn, 2007. "Urban Complexity & Parameter Instability: Assessing Amenity Capitalization in the Presence of External Heterogeneity," Working Paper 8563, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & English, Burton C. & Roberts, Roland K., 2005. "A Spatial Analysis of Housing Growth," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 35(3), pages 311-335.
- Marin V. Geshkov & Joseph S. DeSalvo, 2012. "The Effect Of Land-Use Controls On The Spatial Size Of U.S. Urbanized Areas," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 648-675, October.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Molloy, Raven, 2015. "Regulation and Housing Supply," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2001. "Nonparametric Employment Subcenter Identification," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 448-473, November.
- Zheng, Siqi & Fu, Yuming & Liu, Hongyu, 2006. "Housing-choice hindrances and urban spatial structure: Evidence from matched location and location-preference data in Chinese cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 535-557, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:49:y:2001:i:2:p:404-423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.