Voting On Growth Control Measures: Preferences And Strategies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dubin, Jeffrey A. & Kiewiet, Roderick D. & Noussair, Charles N., 1991. "Voting on Growth Control Measures: Preferences and Strategies," Working Papers 777, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fran?ois Ortalo-Magn? & Andrea Prat, 2014.
"On the Political Economy of Urban Growth: Homeownership versus Affordability,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 154-181, February.
- Ortalo-Magné, François & Prat, Andrea, 2011. "On the Political Economy of Urban Growth: Homeownership versus Affordability," CEPR Discussion Papers 8243, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mayer, Christopher J. & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2000. "Land use regulation and new construction," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 639-662, December.
- Solé-Ollé, Albert & Viladecans-Marsal, Elisabet, 2013.
"Do political parties matter for local land use policies?,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 42-56.
- Albert Solé-Ollé & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2012. "Do political parties matter for local land use policies?," Working Papers 2012/28, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Albert SolÃ©-OllÃ© & Elisabet Viladecans-Marsal, 2013. "Do Political Parties Matter for Local Land Use Policies?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4284, CESifo Group Munich.
- Saks, Raven E., 2008. "Job creation and housing construction: Constraints on metropolitan area employment growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 178-195, July.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1998. "Testing for Strategic Interaction Among Local Governments: The Case of Growth Controls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 438-467, November.
- Katharina Schone & Wilfried Koch & Catherine Baumont, 2013.
"Modeling local growth control decisions in a multi-city case: Do spatial interactions and lobbying efforts matter?,"
Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 95-117, January.
- Katharina Schone & Wilfried Koch & Catherine Baumont, 2009. "Modelling local growth control decisions in a multi-city case: Do spatial interactions and lobbying efforts matter?," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2009-11, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Katharina Schone & Wilfried Koch & Catherine Baumont, 2013. "Modeling local growth control decisions in a multi-city case: Do spatial interactions and lobbying efforts matter?," Post-Print halshs-01228450, HAL.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Lai, Fu-Chuan, 1996. "Urban growth controls with resident landowners," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 125-143, April.
- Ortalo-Magné, François & Prat, Andrea, 2007.
"The political economy of housing supply: homeowners, workers, and voters,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
3678, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Francois Ortalo-Magne & Andrea Prat, 2007. "The Political Economy of Housing Supply:Homeowners, Workers, and Voters," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 514, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Ann L. Owen & Emily Conover & Julio Videras & Stephen Wu, 2012.
"Heat Waves, Droughts, and Preferences for Environmental Policy,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(3), pages 556-577, June.
- Owen, Ann L. & Conover, Emily & Videras, Julio & Wu, Stephen, 2010. "Heat waves, droughts, and preferences for environmental policy," MPRA Paper 22787, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Uwasu, Michinori & Nelson, Erik & Polasky, Stephen, 2005. "Voting on Open Space: An Analysis of the Decision to Hold a Referendum and of Referendum Results," Staff Papers 13837, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Kotchen, Matthew J. & Powers, Shawn M., 2006.
"Explaining the appearance and success of voter referenda for open-space conservation,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 373-390, July.
- Matthew J. Kotchen & Shawn M. Powers, 2004. "Explaining The Appearance and Success of Voter Referenda For Open-Space Conservation," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-06, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Videras, Julio, 2006. "Religion and animal welfare: Evidence from voting data," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 652-659, August.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Molloy, Raven, 2015. "Regulation and Housing Supply," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Joseph Gyourko & Raven Molloy, 2014. "Regulation and Housing Supply," NBER Working Papers 20536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kahn, Matthew E & Matsusaka, John G, 1997. "Demand for Environmental Goods: Evidence from Voting Patterns on California Initiatives," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 137-173, April.
- Bockstael, Nancy E. & Irwin, Elena G., 1999. "Economics and the Land Use-Environment Link," Working Papers 197860, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Fu, Yuming & Somerville, C. Tsuriel, 2001. "Site Density Restrictions: Measurement and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 404-423, March.
- Barbara Ermini & Fabio Fiorillo & Raffaela Santolini, 2013. "Environmental protection, land-use regulation and local government taxation: theory and evidence on Italian municipalities," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(2), pages 93-112.
- Kahn, Matthew E., 2011. "Do liberal cities limit new housing development? Evidence from California," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 223-228, March.
- Michael D. Gilbert & Joshua M. Levine, 2009. "Less Can Be More: Conflicting Ballot Proposals and the Highest Vote Rule," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 383-418, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecopol:v:4:y:1992:i:2:p:191-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0954-1985 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.