Joint Optimization of Product Price, Display Orientation and Shelf-Space Allocation in Retail Category Management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ming-Hsien & Chen, Wen-Cher, 1999. "A study on shelf space allocation and management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 309-317, April.
- Pierre Bonami & Miguel Lejeune, 2009. "An Exact Solution Approach for Integer Constrained Portfolio Optimization Problems Under Stochastic Constraints," Post-Print hal-00421756, HAL.
- Hall, Joseph M. & Kopalle, Praveen K. & Krishna, Aradhna, 2010. "Retailer Dynamic Pricing and Ordering Decisions: Category Management versus Brand-by-Brand Approaches," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 172-183.
- Jorge M. Silva-Risso & Randolph E. Bucklin & Donald G. Morrison, 1999. "A Decision Support System for Planning Manufacturers' Sales Promotion Calendars," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 274-300.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1757 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ming-Hsien, 2001. "An efficient algorithm to allocate shelf space," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 107-118, May.
- Alain Bultez & Philippe Naert, 1988. "SH.A.R.P.: Shelf Allocation for Retailers' Profit," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 211-231.
- P. Bonami & M. A. Lejeune, 2009. "An Exact Solution Approach for Portfolio Optimization Problems Under Stochastic and Integer Constraints," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(3), pages 650-670, June.
- Albert van Dijk & Harald J. van Heerde & Peter S.H. Leeflang & Dick R. Wittink, 2004. "Similarity-Based Spatial Methods to Estimate Shelf Space Elasticities," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 257-277, September.
- Pierre Desmet & Valérie Renaudin, 1998. "Estimation of Product Category Sales Responsiveness to Allocated Shelf Space," Post-Print halshs-00143451, HAL.
- Andrew Lim & Brian Rodrigues & Xingwen Zhang, 2004. "Metaheuristics with Local Search Techniques for Retail Shelf-Space Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 117-131, January.
- Yuxin Chen & James D. Hess & Ronald T. Wilcox & Z. John Zhang, 1999. "Accounting Profits Versus Marketing Profits: A Relevant Metric for Category Management," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 208-229.
- Chanjin Chung & Todd M. Schmit & Diansheng Dong & Harry M. Kaiser, 2007. "Economic evaluation of shelf-space management in grocery stores," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 583-597.
- Marcel Corstjens & Peter Doyle, 1981. "A Model for Optimizing Retail Space Allocations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(7), pages 822-833, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rui Huang & Jeffrey Perloff, 2014.
"WIC Contract Spillover Effects,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 44(1), pages 49-71, February.
- Huang, Rui & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2007. "WIC Contract Spillover Effects," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9773, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Rui Huang & Jeffrey M. Perloff, 2009. "WIC Contract Spillover Effects," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 118, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Huang, Rui & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2009. "WIC Contract Spillover Effects," Research Reports 153344, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Masoud Rabbani & Navid Salmanzadeh-Meydani & Amir Farshbaf-Geranmayeh & Vahed Fadakar-Gabalou, 2018. "Profit maximizing through 3D shelf space allocation of 2D display orientation items with variable heights of the shelves," OPSEARCH, Springer;Operational Research Society of India, vol. 55(2), pages 337-360, June.
- Bernardo Bertoldi & Chiara Giachino & Alberto Pastore, 2016. "Strategic pricing management in the omnichannel era," MERCATI E COMPETITIVIT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(4), pages 131-152.
- Bianchi-Aguiar, Teresa & Silva, Elsa & Guimarães, Luis & Carravilla, Maria Antónia & Oliveira, José F., 2018. "Allocating products on shelves under merchandising rules: Multi-level product families with display directions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 47-62.
- Mou, Shandong & Robb, David J. & DeHoratius, Nicole, 2018. "Retail store operations: Literature review and research directions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 265(2), pages 399-422.
- Pizzi, Gabriele & Scarpi, Daniele, 2016. "The effect of shelf layout on satisfaction and perceived assortment size: An empirical assessment," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 67-77.
- Denis Drexler & Martin Souček, 2017. "The Level of Shelves and Space Solution as One of the Key Factors for Consumer Attention," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 65(5), pages 1679-1686.
- Hübner, Alexander & Schaal, Kai, 2017. "A shelf-space optimization model when demand is stochastic and space-elastic," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 139-154.
- Irion, Jens & Lu, Jye-Chyi & Al-Khayyal, Faiz & Tsao, Yu-Chung, 2012. "A piecewise linearization framework for retail shelf space management models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(1), pages 122-136.
- Zhao, Ju & Zhou, Yong-Wu & Wahab, M.I.M., 2016. "Joint optimization models for shelf display and inventory control considering the impact of spatial relationship on demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(3), pages 797-808.
- Sorescu, Alina & Frambach, Ruud T. & Singh, Jagdip & Rangaswamy, Arvind & Bridges, Cheryl, 2011. "Innovations in Retail Business Models," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 87(S1), pages 3-16.
- Flamand, Tulay & Ghoniem, Ahmed & Haouari, Mohamed & Maddah, Bacel, 2018. "Integrated assortment planning and store-wide shelf space allocation: An optimization-based approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 134-149.
- Murray, Chase C. & Gosavi, Abhijit & Talukdar, Debabrata, 2012. "The multi-product price-setting newsvendor with resource capacity constraints," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 148-158.
- Eisend, Martin, 2014. "Shelf space elasticity: A meta-analysis," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 168-181.
- Adam, Abdulfatah & Jensen, JÃ¸rgen D. & Sommer, Iben & Hansen, Gitte L., 2017. "Does shelf space management intervention have an effect on calorie turnover at supermarkets?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 311-318.
- Tsao, Yu-Chung & Lu, Jye-Chyi & An, Na & Al-Khayyal, Faiz & Lu, Richard W. & Han, Guanghua, 2014. "Retailer shelf-space management with trade allowance: A Stackelberg game between retailer and manufacturers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 133-144.
- Lin, Chen-Yu, 2015. "Conceptualizing and measuring consumer perceptions of retailer innovativeness in Taiwan," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 33-41.
More about this item
KeywordsShelf-space allocation; Retail category management; Pricing and revenue management; MINLP model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jouret:v:86:y:2010:i:2:p:125-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.