An efficient algorithm to allocate shelf space
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Moshe Eben-Chaime, 1996. "Parametric Solution for Linear Bicriteria Knapsack Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(11), pages 1565-1575, November.
- Hansen, Pierre & Heinsbroek, Hans, 1979. "Product selection and space allocation in supermarkets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 474-484, November.
- Marcel Corstjens & Peter Doyle, 1981. "A Model for Optimizing Retail Space Allocations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(7), pages 822-833, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hansen, Jared M. & Raut, Sumit & Swami, Sanjeev, 2010. "Retail Shelf Allocation: A Comparative Analysis of Heuristic and Meta-Heuristic Approaches," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 94-105.
- Stelios Tsafarakis & Charalampos Saridakis & Nikolaos Matsatsinis & George Baltas, 2016. "Private labels and retail assortment planning: a differential evolution approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 247(2), pages 677-692, December.
- Masoud Rabbani & Navid Salmanzadeh-Meydani & Amir Farshbaf-Geranmayeh & Vahed Fadakar-Gabalou, 2018. "Profit maximizing through 3D shelf space allocation of 2D display orientation items with variable heights of the shelves," OPSEARCH, Springer;Operational Research Society of India, vol. 55(2), pages 337-360, June.
- Murray, Chase C. & Talukdar, Debabrata & Gosavi, Abhijit, 2010. "Joint Optimization of Product Price, Display Orientation and Shelf-Space Allocation in Retail Category Management," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 125-136.
- Bianchi-Aguiar, Teresa & Silva, Elsa & Guimarães, Luis & Carravilla, Maria Antónia & Oliveira, José F., 2018. "Allocating products on shelves under merchandising rules: Multi-level product families with display directions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 47-62.
- Lotfi, M.M. & Torabi, S.A., 2011. "A fuzzy goal programming approach for mid-term assortment planning in supermarkets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(2), pages 430-441, September.
- Amrouche, Nawel & Zaccour, Georges, 2007. "Shelf-space allocation of national and private brands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(2), pages 648-663, July.
- Hübner, Alexander H. & Kuhn, Heinrich, 2012. "Retail category management: State-of-the-art review of quantitative research and software applications in assortment and shelf space management," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 199-209, April.
- Martinez de Albeniz, Victor & Roels, Guillaume, 2007. "Competing for shelf space," IESE Research Papers D/717, IESE Business School.
- Erjen van Nierop & Dennis Fok & Philip Hans Franses, 2008.
"Interaction Between Shelf Layout and Marketing Effectiveness and Its Impact on Optimizing Shelf Arrangements,"
INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 1065-1082, 11-12.
- van Nierop, J.E.M. & Fok, D. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2006. "Interaction Between Shelf Layout and Marketing Effectiveness and Its Impact On Optimizing Shelf Arrangements," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-013-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Robert Russell & Timothy Urban, 2010. "The location and allocation of products and product families on retail shelves," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 179(1), pages 131-147, September.
- Hübner, Alexander & Schaal, Kai, 2017. "A shelf-space optimization model when demand is stochastic and space-elastic," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 139-154.
- Reyes, Pedro M. & Frazier, Gregory V., 2007. "Goal programming model for grocery shelf space allocation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 634-644, September.
- Hasmukh Gajjar & Gajendra Adil, 2010. "A piecewise linearization for retail shelf space allocation problem and a local search heuristic," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 179(1), pages 149-167, September.
- Irion, Jens & Lu, Jye-Chyi & Al-Khayyal, Faiz & Tsao, Yu-Chung, 2012. "A piecewise linearization framework for retail shelf space management models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(1), pages 122-136.
- Andrew Lim & Brian Rodrigues & Xingwen Zhang, 2004. "Metaheuristics with Local Search Techniques for Retail Shelf-Space Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 117-131, January.
- Reisi, Mohsen & Gabriel, Steven A. & Fahimnia, Behnam, 2019. "Supply chain competition on shelf space and pricing for soft drinks: A bilevel optimization approach," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 237-250.
- Zhao, Ju & Zhou, Yong-Wu & Wahab, M.I.M., 2016. "Joint optimization models for shelf display and inventory control considering the impact of spatial relationship on demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(3), pages 797-808.
- Hwang, Hark & Choi, Bum & Lee, Min-Jin, 2005. "A model for shelf space allocation and inventory control considering location and inventory level effects on demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 185-195, August.
- Flamand, Tulay & Ghoniem, Ahmed & Haouari, Mohamed & Maddah, Bacel, 2018. "Integrated assortment planning and store-wide shelf space allocation: An optimization-based approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 134-149.
- Mehmet Fadılog̃lu & Oya Karaşan & Mustafa Pınar, 2010. "A model and case study for efficient shelf usage and assortment analysis," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 180(1), pages 105-124, November.
- Adam, Abdulfatah & Jensen, JÃ¸rgen D. & Sommer, Iben & Hansen, Gitte L., 2017. "Does shelf space management intervention have an effect on calorie turnover at supermarkets?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 311-318.
- S Raut & S Swami & M P Moholkar, 2009. "Heuristic and meta-heuristic approaches for multi-period shelf-space optimization: the case of motion picture retailing," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 60(10), pages 1335-1348, October.
- Schaal, Kai & Hübner, Alexander, 2018. "When does cross-space elasticity matter in shelf-space planning? A decision analytics approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 135-152.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:131:y:2001:i:1:p:107-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.