A piecewise linearization for retail shelf space allocation problem and a local search heuristic
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reyes, Pedro M. & Frazier, Gregory V., 2007. "Goal programming model for grocery shelf space allocation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 634-644, September.
- Yang, Ming-Hsien & Chen, Wen-Cher, 1999. "A study on shelf space allocation and management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 309-317, April.
- Jonathan H. Owen & Sanjay Mehrotra, 2002. "On the Value of Binary Expansions for General Mixed-Integer Linear Programs," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 50(5), pages 810-819, October.
- Anderson, Evan E, 1979. "An Analysis of Retail Display Space: Theory and Methods," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 103-118, January.
- Hariga, Moncer A. & Al-Ahmari, Abdulrahman & Mohamed, Abdel-Rahman A., 2007. "A joint optimisation model for inventory replenishment, product assortment, shelf space and display area allocation decisions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 239-251, August.
- Yang, Ming-Hsien, 2001. "An efficient algorithm to allocate shelf space," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 107-118, May.
- Hansen, Pierre & Heinsbroek, Hans, 1979. "Product selection and space allocation in supermarkets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 474-484, November.
- Alain Bultez & Philippe Naert, 1988. "SH.A.R.P.: Shelf Allocation for Retailers' Profit," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 211-231.
- Hwang, Hark & Choi, Bum & Lee, Min-Jin, 2005. "A model for shelf space allocation and inventory control considering location and inventory level effects on demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 185-195, August.
- Andrew Lim & Brian Rodrigues & Xingwen Zhang, 2004. "Metaheuristics with Local Search Techniques for Retail Shelf-Space Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 117-131, January.
- Evan E. Anderson & Henry N. Amato, 1974. "A Mathematical Model for Simultaneously Determining the Optimal Brand-Collection and Display-Area Allocation," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 13-21, February.
- Marcel Corstjens & Peter Doyle, 1981. "A Model for Optimizing Retail Space Allocations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(7), pages 822-833, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teresa Bianchi-Aguiar & Elsa Silva & Luis Guimarães & Maria Antónia Carravilla & José F. Oliveira & João Günther Amaral & Jorge Liz & Sérgio Lapela, 2016. "Using Analytics to Enhance a Food Retailer’s Shelf-Space Management," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 46(5), pages 424-444, October.
- Mou, Shandong & Robb, David J. & DeHoratius, Nicole, 2018. "Retail store operations: Literature review and research directions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 265(2), pages 399-422.
- Moon, Ilkyeong & Park, Kun Soo & Hao, Jing & Kim, Dongwook, 2017. "Joint decisions on product line selection, purchasing, and pricing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 262(1), pages 207-216.
- Flamand, Tulay & Ghoniem, Ahmed & Haouari, Mohamed & Maddah, Bacel, 2018. "Integrated assortment planning and store-wide shelf space allocation: An optimization-based approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 134-149.
- Schaal, Kai & Hübner, Alexander, 2018. "When does cross-space elasticity matter in shelf-space planning? A decision analytics approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 135-152.
More about this item
KeywordsRetail; Shelf space allocation; Piecewise linearization; Upper bound; Heuristics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:annopr:v:179:y:2010:i:1:p:149-167:10.1007/s10479-008-0455-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.