A model for shelf space allocation and inventory control considering location and inventory level effects on demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ming-Hsien & Chen, Wen-Cher, 1999. "A study on shelf space allocation and management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 309-317, April.
- Zhou, Gengui & Min, Hokey & Gen, Mitsuo, 2003. "A genetic algorithm approach to the bi-criteria allocation of customers to warehouses," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 35-45, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1757 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ming-Hsien, 2001. "An efficient algorithm to allocate shelf space," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 107-118, May.
- Hansen, Pierre & Heinsbroek, Hans, 1979. "Product selection and space allocation in supermarkets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 474-484, November.
- Balakrishnan, Jaydeep & Cheng, Chun Hung & Conway, Daniel G. & Lau, Chun Ming, 2003. "A hybrid genetic algorithm for the dynamic plant layout problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 107-120, November.
- Marcel Corstjens & Peter Doyle, 1981. "A Model for Optimizing Retail Space Allocations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(7), pages 822-833, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hansen, Jared M. & Raut, Sumit & Swami, Sanjeev, 2010. "Retail Shelf Allocation: A Comparative Analysis of Heuristic and Meta-Heuristic Approaches," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 94-105.
- K A H Kobbacy & S Vadera & M H Rasmy, 2007. "AI and OR in management of operations: history and trends," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 58(1), pages 10-28, January.
- Masoud Rabbani & Navid Salmanzadeh-Meydani & Amir Farshbaf-Geranmayeh & Vahed Fadakar-Gabalou, 2018. "Profit maximizing through 3D shelf space allocation of 2D display orientation items with variable heights of the shelves," OPSEARCH, Springer;Operational Research Society of India, vol. 55(2), pages 337-360, June.
- Bianchi-Aguiar, Teresa & Silva, Elsa & Guimarães, Luis & Carravilla, Maria Antónia & Oliveira, José F., 2018. "Allocating products on shelves under merchandising rules: Multi-level product families with display directions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 47-62.
- van Zelst, Susan & van Donselaar, Karel & van Woensel, Tom & Broekmeulen, Rob & Fransoo, Jan, 2009. "Logistics drivers for shelf stacking in grocery retail stores: Potential for efficiency improvement," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 620-632, October.
- Bentley, R. Alexander & Madsen, Mark E. & Ormerod, Paul, 2009. "Physical space and long-tail markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(5), pages 691-696.
- Lotfi, M.M. & Torabi, S.A., 2011. "A fuzzy goal programming approach for mid-term assortment planning in supermarkets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(2), pages 430-441, September.
- Hübner, Alexander H. & Kuhn, Heinrich, 2012. "Retail category management: State-of-the-art review of quantitative research and software applications in assortment and shelf space management," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 199-209, April.
- Robert Russell & Timothy Urban, 2010. "The location and allocation of products and product families on retail shelves," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 179(1), pages 131-147, September.
- Hübner, Alexander & Schaal, Kai, 2017. "A shelf-space optimization model when demand is stochastic and space-elastic," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 139-154.
- Hasmukh Gajjar & Gajendra Adil, 2010. "A piecewise linearization for retail shelf space allocation problem and a local search heuristic," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 179(1), pages 149-167, September.
- Irion, Jens & Lu, Jye-Chyi & Al-Khayyal, Faiz & Tsao, Yu-Chung, 2012. "A piecewise linearization framework for retail shelf space management models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(1), pages 122-136.
- Alexander Hübner & Kai Schaal, 2017. "Effect of replenishment and backroom on retail shelf-space planning," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 10(1), pages 123-156, June.
- Wang, Shih-Yen & Sheen, Gwo-Ji & Yeh, Yingchieh, 2015. "Pricing and shelf space decisions with non-symmetric market demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 233-239.
- Zhao, Ju & Zhou, Yong-Wu & Wahab, M.I.M., 2016. "Joint optimization models for shelf display and inventory control considering the impact of spatial relationship on demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(3), pages 797-808.
- Yan-Kwang Chen & Fei-Rung Chiu & Hung-Chang Liao & Chien-Hua Yeh, 2016. "Joint optimization of inventory control and product placement on e-commerce websites using genetic algorithms," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 479-502, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:97:y:2005:i:2:p:185-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.