Joint optimization models for shelf display and inventory control considering the impact of spatial relationship on demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsao, Yu-Chung & Lu, Jye-Chyi & An, Na & Al-Khayyal, Faiz & Lu, Richard W. & Han, Guanghua, 2014. "Retailer shelf-space management with trade allowance: A Stackelberg game between retailer and manufacturers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 133-144.
- Hansen, Jared M. & Raut, Sumit & Swami, Sanjeev, 2010. "Retail Shelf Allocation: A Comparative Analysis of Heuristic and Meta-Heuristic Approaches," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 94-105.
- Reyes, Pedro M. & Frazier, Gregory V., 2007. "Goal programming model for grocery shelf space allocation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 634-644, September.
- Khouja, Moutaz & Goyal, Suresh, 2008. "A review of the joint replenishment problem literature: 1989-2005," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 1-16, April.
- Erjen van Nierop & Dennis Fok & Philip Hans Franses, 2008.
"Interaction Between Shelf Layout and Marketing Effectiveness and Its Impact on Optimizing Shelf Arrangements,"
INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 1065-1082, 11-12.
- van Nierop, J.E.M. & Fok, D. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2006. "Interaction Between Shelf Layout and Marketing Effectiveness and Its Impact On Optimizing Shelf Arrangements," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-013-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Abbott, Harish & Palekar, Udatta S., 2008. "Retail replenishment models with display-space elastic demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(2), pages 586-607, April.
- Murray, Chase C. & Talukdar, Debabrata & Gosavi, Abhijit, 2010. "Joint Optimization of Product Price, Display Orientation and Shelf-Space Allocation in Retail Category Management," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 125-136.
- Hariga, Moncer A. & Al-Ahmari, Abdulrahman & Mohamed, Abdel-Rahman A., 2007. "A joint optimisation model for inventory replenishment, product assortment, shelf space and display area allocation decisions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(1), pages 239-251, August.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1757 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ming-Hsien, 2001. "An efficient algorithm to allocate shelf space," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 107-118, May.
- Alain Bultez & Philippe Naert, 1988. "SH.A.R.P.: Shelf Allocation for Retailers' Profit," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(3), pages 211-231.
- Irion, Jens & Lu, Jye-Chyi & Al-Khayyal, Faiz & Tsao, Yu-Chung, 2012. "A piecewise linearization framework for retail shelf space management models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(1), pages 122-136.
- Valenzuela, Ana & Raghubir, Priya & Mitakakis, Chrissy, 2013. "Shelf space schemas: Myth or reality?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(7), pages 881-888.
- Hwang, Hark & Choi, Bum & Lee, Min-Jin, 2005. "A model for shelf space allocation and inventory control considering location and inventory level effects on demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 185-195, August.
- Pierre Desmet & Valérie Renaudin, 1998. "Estimation of Product Category Sales Responsiveness to Allocated Shelf Space," Post-Print halshs-00143451, HAL.
- Piramuthu, Selwyn & Zhou, Wei, 2013. "RFID and perishable inventory management with shelf-space and freshness dependent demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 635-640.
- Hübner, Alexander H. & Kuhn, Heinrich, 2012. "Retail category management: State-of-the-art review of quantitative research and software applications in assortment and shelf space management," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 199-209, April.
- Andrew Lim & Brian Rodrigues & Xingwen Zhang, 2004. "Metaheuristics with Local Search Techniques for Retail Shelf-Space Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 117-131, January.
- Marcel Corstjens & Peter Doyle, 1981. "A Model for Optimizing Retail Space Allocations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(7), pages 822-833, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mou, Shandong & Robb, David J. & DeHoratius, Nicole, 2018. "Retail store operations: Literature review and research directions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 265(2), pages 399-422.
- Schaal, Kai & Hübner, Alexander, 2018. "When does cross-space elasticity matter in shelf-space planning? A decision analytics approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 135-152.
More about this item
KeywordsDisplay location selection; Shelf space allocation; Joint replenishment; Simulated annealing based hyper-heuristics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:255:y:2016:i:3:p:797-808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.