Customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction in retail banking: Exploring the asymmetric impact of attribute performances
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maddox, R Neil, 1981. "Two-factor Theory and Consumer Satisfaction: Replication and Extension," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 97-102, June.
- Ittner, CD & Larcker, DF, 1998. "Are nonfinancial measures leading indicators of financial performance? An analysis of customer satisfaction," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36, pages 1-35.
- Baesens, Bart & Verstraeten, Geert & Van den Poel, Dirk & Egmont-Petersen, Michael & Van Kenhove, Patrick & Vanthienen, Jan, 2004.
"Bayesian network classifiers for identifying the slope of the customer lifecycle of long-life customers,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 156(2), pages 508-523, July.
- B. Baesens & G. Verstraeten & D. Van Den Poel & M. Egmont-Petersen & P. Van Kenhove & J. Vanthienen, 2002. "Bayesian Network Classifiers for Identifying the Slope of the Customer - Lifecycle of Long-Life Customers," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 02/154, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Wei-Jaw Deng & Ying-Feng Kuo & Wen-Chin Chen, 2008. "Revised importance--performance analysis: three-factor theory and benchmarking," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1), pages 37-51, January.
- Mizuno, Makoto & Saji, Akira & Sumita, Ushio & Suzuki, Hideo, 2008. "Optimal threshold analysis of segmentation methods for identifying target customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 186(1), pages 358-379, April.
- Zielke, Stephan, 2008. "Exploring asymmetric effects in the formation of retail price satisfaction," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 335-347.
- Oliver, Richard L, 1993. "Cognitive, Affective, and Attribute BAses of the Satisfaction Response," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 418-430, December.
- Johnson, Michael D. & Nader, Georg & Fornell, Claes, 1996. "Expectations, perceived performance, and customer satisfaction for a complex service: The case of bank loans," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 163-182, April.
- Conklin, Michael & Powaga, Ken & Lipovetsky, Stan, 2004. "Customer satisfaction analysis: Identification of key drivers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(3), pages 819-827, May.
- Venky Nagar & Madhav V. Rajan, 2005. "Measuring Customer Relationships: The Case of the Retail Banking Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(6), pages 904-919, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Finn, Adam, 2011. "Investigating the non-linear effects of e-service quality dimensions on customer satisfaction," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 27-37.
- Verhagen, T. & Dolen, W. van, 2009. "The influence of online store characteristics on consumer impulsive decision-making: a model and empirical application," Serie Research Memoranda 0046, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Hamada Fawzy Thabet Abuzid & Muzaffar Abbas, 2017. "Banks Performance and Impact of Market Orientation Strategy: Do Employee Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty Augment this Relationship?," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 7(2), pages 60-66.
- Duško Ranisavljeviæ, 2014. "The Flow Chart of Satisfaction Levels of Personal Customers Through the Credit Process in Serbian Retail Banking Market," Proceedings of FIKUSZ '14, in: Pál Michelberger (ed.),Proceedings of FIKUSZ '14, pages 223-236, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Paulo M.M. Rodrigues & Fernando A. F. Ferreira & Sérgio P. Santos & Ronald W. Spahr, 2011. "Evaluating retail banking quality service and convenience with MCDA techniques: a case study at the bank branch level," Working Papers w201131, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Maier, Erik, 2016. "Supply and demand on crowdlending platforms: connecting small and medium-sized enterprise borrowers and consumer investors," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 143-153.
- Lai, Ivan Ka Wai & Hitchcock, Michael, 2017. "Sources of satisfaction with luxury hotels for new, repeat, and frequent travelers: A PLS impact-asymmetry analysis," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 107-129.
- Rafael Bravo & Jorge Matute & José Pina, 2012. "Corporate Social Responsibility as a Vehicle to Reveal the Corporate Identity: A Study Focused on the Websites of Spanish Financial Entities," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 107(2), pages 129-146, May.
- Henner Gimpel & Dominikus Kleindienst & Niclas Nüske & Daniel Rau & Fabian Schmied, 2018. "The upside of data privacy – delighting customers by implementing data privacy measures," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 28(4), pages 437-452, November.
- Zrelli, Imen & Demnati, Haykel & Ben Yedder, Moez, 2019. "The effect of the interaction between tariff modulation and transparency on the customer's dissatisfaction: The case of Tunisia," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-10.
- Fernando A. F. Ferreira & Marjan S. Jalali & João J. M. Ferreira & Jelena Stankevičienė & Carla S. E. Marques, 2016. "Understanding the dynamics behind bank branch service quality in Portugal: pursuing a holistic view using fuzzy cognitive mapping," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 10(3), pages 469-487, September.
- Fernando A. F. Ferreira & Sérgio P. Santos & Paulo M. M. Rodrigues & Ronald W. Spahr, 2014. "Evaluating retail banking service quality and convenience with MCDA techniques: a case study at the bank branch level," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Marjan S. Jalali & Fernando A. F. Ferreira & João J. M. Ferreira & Ieva Meidutė-Kavaliauskienė, 2016. "Integrating Metacognitive and Psychometric Decision-Making Approaches for Bank Customer Loyalty Measurement," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(04), pages 815-837, July.
- Caterina Liberati & Paolo Mariani, 2012. "Banking customer satisfaction evaluation: a three-way factor perspective," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 6(4), pages 323-336, December.
More about this item
KeywordsRetail banking; Customer satisfaction; Three-factor theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:16:y:2009:i:4:p:271-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.