A multivariate analysis of the financial characteristics of foreign and domestic banks in the UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mahajan, Arvind & Rangan, Nanda & Zardkoohi, Asghar, 1996. "Cost structures in multinational and domestic banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 283-306, March.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1998.
"Stock Markets, Banks, and Economic Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 537-558, June.
- Ross Levine & Sara Zervos, "undated". "Stock markets, banks and economic growth ," CERF Discussion Paper Series 95-11, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996. "Stock markets, banks, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1690, The World Bank.
- Berger, Allen N, 1995. "The Profit-Structure Relationship in Banking--Tests of Market-Power and Efficient-Structure Hypotheses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 404-431, May.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S. & Kasirye, Faith, 1999.
"The poor performance of foreign bank subsidiaries: Were the problems acquired or created?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 579-604, February.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Faith Kasirye, 1998. "The poor performance of foreign bank subsidiaries: were the problems acquired or created?," Working Papers 98-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Dopico, Luis G. & Wilcox, James A., 2002. "Openness, profit opportunities and foreign banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 299-320.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Golder, Stefan M., 2001. "Foreign versus domestic banks in Germany and the US: a tale of two markets?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4-5), pages 341-361, December.
- Arrow, Kenneth & Bolin, Bert & Costanza, Robert & Dasgupta, Partha & Folke, Carl & Holling, C.S. & Jansson, Bengt-Owe & Levin, Simon & Mäler, Karl-Göran & Perrings, Charles & Pimentel, David, 1996.
"Economic growth, carrying capacity, and the environment,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 104-110, February.
- Arrow, Kenneth & Bolin, Bert & Costanza, Robert & Dasgupta, Partha & Folke, Carl & Holling, C. S. & Jansson, Bengt-Owe & Levin, Simon & Maler, Karl-Goran & Perrings, Charles & Pimentel, David, 1995. "Economic growth, carrying capacity, and the environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 91-95, November.
- Sathye, Milind, 2001. "X-efficiency in Australian banking: An empirical investigation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 613-630, March.
- Walter, Ingo & Gray, H. Peter, 1983. "Protectionism and international banking : Sectorial efficiency, competitive structure and National policy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 597-609, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 1999.
"Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance,"
Working Paper Series
WP-99-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung & Hesna Genay & Gregory F. Udell, 2000. "Globalization of financial institutions: evidence from cross-border banking performance," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Undp, 1996. "HDR 1996 - Economic Growth and Human Development," Human Development Report (1990 to present), Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), number hdr1996, December.
- Engwall, Lars & Marquardt, Rolf & Pedersen, Torben & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2001.
"Foreign bank penetration of newly opened markets in the Nordic countries,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 53-63, March.
- Engwall, Lars & Marquardt, Rolf & Pedersen, Torben & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1999. "Foreign bank penetration of newly opened markets in the Nordic Countries," Working Papers 2-1999, Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management.
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl[iota] & Huizinga, Harry, 2001. "How does foreign entry affect domestic banking markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 891-911, May.
- DeYoung, Robert & Nolle, Daniel E, 1996. "Foreign-Owned Banks in the United States: Earning Market Share or Buying It?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 622-636, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Batten & Peter Szilagyi, 2011. "The Recent Internationalization of Japanese Banks," Japanese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 81-120.
- Victor Ekpu & Alberto Paloni, 2015. "Financialisation, Business Lending And Profitability In The Uk," Working Papers 2015_18, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Pasiouras, Fotios & Kosmidou, Kyriaki, 2007. "Factors influencing the profitability of domestic and foreign commercial banks in the European Union," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 222-237, June.
- Peng, Yi & Kou, Gang & Wang, Guoxun & Shi, Yong, 2011. "FAMCDM: A fusion approach of MCDM methods to rank multiclass classification algorithms," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 677-689, December.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Molyneux, Phil, 2010.
"Total factor productivity and shareholder returns in banking,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 241-253, October.
- Franco Fiordelisi & Phil Molyneux, 2010. "Total Factor Productivity and Shareholder Returns in Banking," Working Papers 10005, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Irina Raluca Busuioc Witowschi & Florin Alexandru Luca, 2016. "Bank Capital, Risk and Performance in European Banking. A Case Study on Seven Banking Sectors," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(2), pages 127-142.
- Awdeh Ali & El Moussawi Chawki, 2009. "Bank Efficiency and Foreign Ownership in the Lebanese Banking Sector," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 66-87, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBank performance Logistic regression Classification;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:34:y:2006:i:2:p:189-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.