Financialisation, Business Lending And Profitability In The Uk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- K. Kosmidou & F. Pasiouras & M. Doumpos & C. Zopounidis, 2006. "Assessing performance factors in the UK banking sector: A multicriteria methodology," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 14(1), pages 25-44, February.
- K. Kosmidou & F. Pasiouras & M. Doumpos & C. Zopounidis, 2004. "Foreign versus domestic banks’ performance in the UK: a multicriteria approach," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 329-343, October.
- Matthews, Kent & Murinde, Victor & Zhao, Tianshu, 2007. "Competitive conditions among the major British banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2025-2042, July.
- Berger, Allen N, 1995.
"The Relationship between Capital and Earnings in Banking,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 432-456, May.
- Allen Berger, 1994. "The Relationship Between Capital and Earnings in Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-17, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger, 1994. "The relationship between capital and earnings in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1994.
- Berger, Allen N. & Black, Lamont K., 2011. "Bank size, lending technologies, and small business finance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 724-735, March.
- Huang, Zhangkai, 2003. "Evidence of a bank lending channel in the UK," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 491-510, March.
- Peek, Joe & Rosengren, Eric S. & Kasirye, Faith, 1999.
"The poor performance of foreign bank subsidiaries: Were the problems acquired or created?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 579-604, February.
- Faith Kasirye & Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren, 1998. "The poor performance of foreign bank subsidiaries: were the problems acquired or created?," Working Papers 98-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 1998.
- Bush, Oliver & Knott, Samuel & Peacock, Chris, 2014. "Why is the UK banking system so big and is that a problem?," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(4), pages 385-395.
- Bolt, Wilko & de Haan, Leo & Hoeberichts, Marco & van Oordt, Maarten R.C. & Swank, Job, 2012. "Bank profitability during recessions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2552-2564.
- Robert DeYoung & William Hunter & Gregory Udell, 2004.
"The Past, Present, and Probable Future for Community Banks,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 85-133, April.
- Robert DeYoung & William C. Hunter & Gregory F. Udell, 2003. "The past, present, and probable future for community banks," Working Paper Series WP-03-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Rebecca Riley & Chiara Rosazza-Bondibene & Garry Young, 2014. "The Financial Crisis, Bank Lending and UK Productivity: Sectoral and Firm-Level Evidence," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 228(1), pages 17-34, May.
- Kosmidou, K. & Pasiouras, F. & Zopounidis, C. & Doumpos, M., 2006. "A multivariate analysis of the financial characteristics of foreign and domestic banks in the UK," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 189-195, April.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Turkes; M. Turkes, 2018. "Comparative Analysis Of Banking Performance Of Comercial Banks Groups. Case Study: Turkey Vs. Romania," Вестник Киевского национального университета имени Тараса Шевченко. Экономика., Socionet;Киевский национальный университет имени Тараса Шевченко, vol. 3(198), pages 87-94.
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness lending; bank profitability; financialisation; UK banking system; bank size; bank ownership; panel data econometrics;
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gla:glaewp:2015_18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tedi Racheva) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Tedi Racheva to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpglauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.