Cost structures in multinational and domestic banking
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gray, Jean M. & Gray, H. Peter, 1981. "The multinational bank: A financial MNC?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 33-63, March.
- Aliber, Robert Z, 1984. "International Banking: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 661-78, November.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1990.
"The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
107, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1991. "The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 117-148, August.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hanweck, Gerald A. & Humphrey, David B., 1987.
"Competitive viability in banking : Scale, scope, and product mix economies,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 501-520, December.
- Allen N. Berger & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1986. "Competitive viability in banking: scale, scope, and product mix economies," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hunter, William C & Timme, Stephen G, 1986. "Technical Change, Organizational Form, and the Structure of Bank Production," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 152-66, May.
- Robert Z. Aliber, 1976. "Towards a theory of international banking," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 5-8.
- Caves, Richard E, 1971. "International Corporations: The Industrial Economics of Foreign Investment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 1-27, February.
- Deborah Allen & Ian H. Giddy, 1979. "Towards a Theory of Interdependence in Global Banking Regulation," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 445-452, December.
- Benston, George J & Hanweck, Gerald A & Humphrey, David B, 1982.
"Scale Economies in Banking: A Restructuring and Reassessment,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 435-56, November.
- George J. Benston & Gerald A. Hanweck & David B. Humphrey, 1981. "Scale economies in banking: a restructuring and reassessment," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gropper, Daniel M, 1991. "An Empirical Investigation of Changes in Scale Economies for the Commercial Banking Firm, 1979-1986," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(4), pages 718-27, November.
- Hancock, Diana, 1986. "A model of the financial firm with imperfect asset and deposit elasticities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-54, March.
- John H Dunning, 1980. "Towards an Eclectic Theory of International Production: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 11(1), pages 9-31, March.
- Aly, Hassan Y, et al, 1990. "Technical, Scale, and Allocative Efficiencies in U.S. Banking: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 211-18, May.
- Noulas, Athanasios G & Ray, Subhash C & Miller, Stephen M, 1990. "Returns to Scale and Input Substitution for Large U.S. Banks," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 22(1), pages 94-108, February.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Johnson, Denise, 1990. "The determinants of US banking activity abroad," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 123-137, June.
- Le Compte, Richard L B & Smith, Stephen D, 1990. " Changes in the Cost of Intermediation: The Case of Savings and Loans," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1337-46, September.
- Brimmer, Andrew F & Dahl, Frederick R, 1975. "Growth of American International Banking: Implications for Public Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 341-63, May.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- Jeffrey A. Clark, 1988. "Economies of scale and scope at depository financial institutions: a review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Sep, pages 16-33.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:20:y:1996:i:2:p:283-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.