Foreign bank penetration of newly opened markets in the Nordic Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Engwall, Lars & Marquardt, Rolf & Pedersen, Torben & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2001. "Foreign bank penetration of newly opened markets in the Nordic countries," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 53-63, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Sutton, 1997. "Gibrat's Legacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 40-59, March.
- Jacobsen, Siv Fagerland & Tschoegl, Adrian E, 1999.
"The Norwegian Banks in the Nordic Consortia: A Case of International Strategic Alliances in Banking,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 137-165, March.
- Siv Fagerland Jacobsen & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "The Norwegian Banks in the Nordic Consortia: A Case of International Strategic Alliances in Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-39, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Sang-Rim Choi & Adrian Tschoegl & Chwo-Ming Yu, 1986. "Banks and the world’s major financial centers, 1970–1980," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 122(1), pages 48-64, March.
- Baldwin, John R. & Rafiquzzaman, Mohammed, 1995.
"Selection versus evolutionary adaptation: Learning and post-entry performance,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 501-522, December.
- Baldwin, John R. & Raffiquzzaman, Mohammed, 1995. "Selection Versus Evolutionary Adaptation: Learning and Post-entry Performance," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1994072e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Kindleberger, Charles P., 1983. "International banks as leaders or followers of international business : An historical perspective," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 583-595, December.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1982. "The Decision to Establish a Foreign Bank Branch or Subsidiary: An Application of Binary Classification Procedures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 411-424, September.
- Yafeh, Y. & Yosha, O., 1995. "The Strategic Use of Relationship Banking," Papers 38-95, Tel Aviv.
- Steinherr, A. & Huveneers, Ch., 1994. "On the performance of differently regulated financial institutions: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 271-306, January.
- Ursacki, Terry & Vertinsky, Ilan, 1992. "Choice of entry timing and scale by foreign banks in Japan and Korea," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 405-421, April.
- Heinkel, Robert L. & Levi, Maurice D., 1992. "The structure of international banking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 251-272, June.
- Adrian E Tschoegl, 1987. "International Retail Banking as a Strategy: An Assessment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 18(2), pages 67-88, June.
- Tschoegl, Adrian E, 1983. "Size, Growth, and Transnationality among the World's Largest Banks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(2), pages 187-201, April.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1994. "Market conduct and aggregate excess capacity in banking: a cross- country comparison," Working Papers 93-28/R, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Engwall, Lars & Johanson, Jan, 1990. "Banks in industrial networks," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 231-244.
- S.A. Lippman & R.P. Rumelt, 1982. "Uncertain Imitability: An Analysis of Interfirm Differences in Efficiency under Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 418-438, Autumn.
- Sang Choi & Daekeun Park & Adrian Tschoegl, 1996. "Banks and the world’s major banking centers, 1990," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 132(4), pages 774-793, December.
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Klingebiel, Daniela, 1996. "Bank insolvencies : cross-country experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1620, The World Bank.
- DeYoung, Robert & Nolle, Daniel E, 1996. "Foreign-Owned Banks in the United States: Earning Market Share or Buying It?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 622-636, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aneta Hryckiewicz & Oskar Kowalewski, 2010. "Why do Foreign Banks Withdraw from other Countries? A Panel Data Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 3006, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kosmidou, K. & Pasiouras, F. & Zopounidis, C. & Doumpos, M., 2006. "A multivariate analysis of the financial characteristics of foreign and domestic banks in the UK," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 189-195, April.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2004. "Financial Crises and the Presence of Foreign Banks," International Finance 0405016, EconWPA.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2002.
"Bank-Firm Relationships and International Banking Markets,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 401-417.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2002. "Bank-firm relationships and international banking markets," Other publications TiSEM fbb391d2-a9f9-4b49-a0f5-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Chen, Sheng-Hung & Liao, Chien-Chang, 2011. "Are foreign banks more profitable than domestic banks? Home- and host-country effects of banking market structure, governance, and supervision," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 819-839, April.
- Dopico, Luis G. & Wilcox, James A., 2002. "Openness, profit opportunities and foreign banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 299-320.
- Aneta Hryckiewicz & Oskar Kowalewski, 2008. "The Economic Determinants and Engagement Models of Foreign Banks in Central Europe," NBP Working Papers 50, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Markman, Gideon M. & Venzin, Markus, 2014. "Resilience: Lessons from banks that have braved the economic crisis—And from those that have not," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1096-1107.
- Ekman, Peter & Hadjikhani, Annoch Isa & Pajuvirta, Andreas & Thilenius, Peter, 2014. "Tit for tat and big steps: The case of Swedish banks’ internationalization 1961–2010," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1049-1063.
- Mutinelli, Marco & Piscitello, Lucia, 2001. "Foreign direct investment in the banking sector: the case of Italian banks in the '90s," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 661-685, December.
- Kosmidou, Kyriaki & Pasiouras, Fotios & Tsaklanganos, Angelos, 2007. "Domestic and multinational determinants of foreign bank profits: The case of Greek banks operating abroad," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Jean-Paul Abraham & Peter van Dijcke, 2002. "European Financial Cross-Border Consolidation: At the crossroads in Europe? By exception, evolution or revolution?," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 22 edited by Morten Balling, March.
More about this item
Keywordsentry; foreign banks; Nordic countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhb:cbsint:1999-002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lars Nondal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iicbsdk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.