Entry and survival: the case of foreign banks in Norway
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "Entry and Survival: The Case of Foreign Banks in Norway," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-40, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Johnson, Denise, 1990. "The determinants of US banking activity abroad," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 123-137, June.
- J W Harrington, 1992. "Determinants of bilateral operations of Canadian and US commercial banks," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(1), pages 137-151, January.
- Baldwin, John R. & Rafiquzzaman, Mohammed, 1995.
"Selection versus evolutionary adaptation: Learning and post-entry performance,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 501-522, December.
- Baldwin, John R. & Raffiquzzaman, Mohammed, 1995. "Selection Versus Evolutionary Adaptation: Learning and Post-entry Performance," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1994072e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1982. "The Decision to Establish a Foreign Bank Branch or Subsidiary: An Application of Binary Classification Procedures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 411-424, September.
- Barros, Pedro Pita, 1995. "Post-entry expansion in banking: The case of Portugal," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 593-611, December.
- M. Boldt-Christmas & S. F. Jacobsen & A. Tschoegl, 2001.
"The International Expansion of the Norwegian Banks,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 79-104.
- Siv Fagerland Jacobsen & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "The International Expansion of the Norwegian Banks," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-38, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Ursacki, Terry & Vertinsky, Ilan, 1992. "Choice of entry timing and scale by foreign banks in Japan and Korea," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 405-421, April.
- Heinkel, Robert L. & Levi, Maurice D., 1992. "The structure of international banking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 251-272, June.
- C.P. Kindleberger, 1995. "Asset inflation and monetary policy," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 48(192), pages 17-37.
- Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 1997.
"Empirical Evidence on the Duration of Bank Relationships,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
97-15, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Steven Ongena & David C. Smith, 1997. "Empirical Evidence on the Duration of Bank Relationships," Finance 9703002, EconWPA.
- Pablo T. Spiller & Edgardo Favaro, 1984. "The Effects of Entry Regulation on Oligopolistic Interaction: The Uruguayan Banking Sector," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 244-254, Summer.
- Grosse, Robert & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 1991. "Foreign bank activity in the United States: An analysis by country of origin," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1093-1112, December.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1994. "Market conduct and aggregate excess capacity in banking: a cross- country comparison," Working Papers 93-28/R, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Chwo-Ming J Yu & Kiyohiko Ito, 1988. "Oligopolistic Reaction and Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of the U.S. Tire and Textiles Industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 449-460, September.
- C.P. Kindleberger, 1995. "Asset inflation and monetary policy," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 48(192), pages 17-37.
- Berg, Sigbjorn Atle & Forsund, Finn R. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart & Suominen, Matti, 1993. "Banking efficiency in the Nordic countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 371-388, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clare, Andrew & Gulamhussen, Mohamed Azzim & Pinheiro, Carlos, 2013. "What factors cause foreign banks to stay in London?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 739-761.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2004. "Financial Crises and the Presence of Foreign Banks," International Finance 0405016, EconWPA.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2002.
"Bank-Firm Relationships and International Banking Markets,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 401-417.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2002. "Bank-firm relationships and international banking markets," Other publications TiSEM fbb391d2-a9f9-4b49-a0f5-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Tschoegl, Adrian, 2006. "Foreign ownership in Mexican Banking: A Self- Correcting Phenomenon," MPRA Paper 586, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lukasz Konopielko, 1999. "Foreign Banks' Entry into Central and East European Markets: Motives and Activities," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 463-485.
- John Singleton & Grietjie Verhoef, 2010. "Regulation, deregulation, and internationalisation in South African and New Zealand banking," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(4), pages 536-563.
- Gino Cattani & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2002. "An Evolutionary View of Internationalization: Chase Manhattan Bank, 1917 to 1996," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-37, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Janvier D. Nkurunziza, 2005. "Credit Can Precipitate Firm Failure: Evidence from Kenyan Manufacturing in the 1990s," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2005-04, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2002. "Introduction to the special issue," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 291-297.
More about this item
KeywordsEntry Foreign banks Survival Bank-firm relationships Market opening;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:scaman:v:18:y:2002:i:2:p:131-153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/872/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.