Post-entry expansion in banking: The case of Portugal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dunne, Timothy & Roberts, Mark J & Samuelson, Larry, 1989.
"Firm Entry and Postentry Performance in the U.S. Chemical Industries,"
Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 233-271, October.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Firm Entry And Post-Entry Performance In The U.S. Chemical Industries," Papers 7-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Timothy Dunne & Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1989. "Firm Entry and Post-Entry Performance in the U.S. Chemical Industries," Working Papers 89-6, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "Firm Entry And Post-Entry Performance In The U.S. Chemical Industries," Papers 0-88-4, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Gilbert, Richard J., 1989.
"Mobility barriers and the value of incumbency,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.),Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 475-535,
- Gilbert, Richard, 1988. "Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt52q9j63w, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Richard J. Gilbert., 1988. "Mobility Barriers and the Value of Incumbency," Economics Working Papers 8895, University of California at Berkeley.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, September.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Cubbin, John S & Domberger, Simon, 1988. "Advertising and Post-entry Oligopoly Behaviour," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 123-140, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carbo Valverde, Santiago & Fernández de Guevara y Rodoselovics, Juan & Humphrey, David & Maudos, Joaquin, 2009. "Estimating the intensity of price and non-price competition in banking," MPRA Paper 17612, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Luca Papi & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2017.
"The geographical network of bank organizations: issues and evidence for Italy,"
Chapters, in: Ron Martin & Jane Pollard (ed.),Handbook on the Geographies of Money and Finance, chapter 8, pages 156-196,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Luca Papi & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2015. "The geographical network of bank organizations: issues and evidence for Italy," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 105, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Luca Papi & Emma Sarno & Alberto Zazzaro, 2015. "The Geographical Network of Bank Organizations: Issues and Evidence for Italy," CSEF Working Papers 403, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2002.
"Entry and survival: the case of foreign banks in Norway,"
Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 131-153, June.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "Entry and Survival: The Case of Foreign Banks in Norway," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-40, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Calcagnini,G. & Bonis,R. de & Hester,D.D., 1999. "Determinants of bank branche expension in Italy," Working papers 32, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Andrew Cohen & Michael Mazzeo, 2004. "Competition, product differentiation and quality provision: an empirical equilibrium analysis of bank branching decisions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2004.
- Francis Awuku Darko, 2016. "Is there a mission drift in microfinance? Some new empirical evidence from Uganda," Studies in Economics 1603, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Carbo Valverde, Santiago & Fernández de Guevara y Rodoselovics, Juan & Humphrey, David & Maudos Villarroya, Joaquín, 2005.
"Estimating the intensity of price and non-price competition in banking: an application to the Spanish case,"
15259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carbó Valverde Santiago & Fernández de Guevara Radoselovics Juan & Humphrey David & Maudos Villarroya Joaquín, 2005. "Estimating the intensity of price and non-price competition in banking: an application to the Spanish case," Working Papers 201023, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Pinho, Paulo Soares de, 2000. "The impact of deregulation on price and non-price competition in the Portuguese deposits market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1515-1533, September.
- Canhoto, Ana, 2004. "Portuguese banking: A structural model of competition in the deposits market," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 41-63.
- Kaas, Leo, 2004. "Financial market integration and loan competition: when is entry deregulation socially beneficial?," Working Paper Series 403, European Central Bank.
- Kim, Moshe & Vale, Bent, 2001. "Non-price strategic behavior: the case of bank branches," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1583-1602, December.
- Lorenzo Ciari & Riccardo De Bonis, 2011. "Entry decisions after deregulation: the role of incumbents' market power," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 50, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Mauro F. Guillén & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1999. "At Last the Internationalization of Retail Banking? The Case of the Spanish Banks in Latin America," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-41, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:13:y:1995:i:4:p:593-611. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.