The International Expansion of the Norwegian Banks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- M. Boldt-Christmas & S. F. Jacobsen & A. Tschoegl, 2001. "The International Expansion of the Norwegian Banks," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 79-104.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacobsen, Siv Fagerland & Tschoegl, Adrian E, 1999.
"The Norwegian Banks in the Nordic Consortia: A Case of International Strategic Alliances in Banking,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 137-165, March.
- Siv Fagerland Jacobsen & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "The Norwegian Banks in the Nordic Consortia: A Case of International Strategic Alliances in Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-39, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Engwall, L. & Wallenstål, M., 1988. "Tit for tat in small steps: the internationalization of Swedish banks," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(3-4), pages 147-155.
- Kindleberger, Charles P., 1983. "International banks as leaders or followers of international business : An historical perspective," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 583-595, December.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1982. "The Decision to Establish a Foreign Bank Branch or Subsidiary: An Application of Binary Classification Procedures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 411-424, September.
- Heinkel, Robert L. & Levi, Maurice D., 1992. "The structure of international banking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 251-272, June.
- Edward Brown Flowers, 1976. "Oligopolistic Reactions in European and Canadian Direct Investment in the United States," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 7(2), pages 43-56, June.
- Chwo-Ming J Yu & Kiyohiko Ito, 1988. "Oligopolistic Reaction and Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of the U.S. Tire and Textiles Industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 449-460, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2002.
"Entry and survival: the case of foreign banks in Norway,"
Scandinavian Journal of Management,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 131-153, June.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 1997. "Entry and Survival: The Case of Foreign Banks in Norway," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-40, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2002.
"Bank-Firm Relationships and International Banking Markets,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 401-417.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2002. "Bank-firm relationships and international banking markets," Other publications TiSEM fbb391d2-a9f9-4b49-a0f5-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Merrett, D. T., 2002. "The internationalization of Australian banks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 377-397.
- Gino Cattani & Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2002. "An Evolutionary View of Internationalization: Chase Manhattan Bank, 1917 to 1996," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-37, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
More about this item
KeywordsNorway; foreign banking; multinational banks;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:pennin:97-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fiupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.