On the performance of differently regulated financial institutions: Some empirical evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doris Neu Berger, 1998. "Industrial Organization of Banking: A Review," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 97-118.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:3:y:1997:i:4:p:333-351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2003.
"The Impact of Competition on Bank Orientation and Specialization,"
2003-108, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Degryse, Hans & Ongena, Steven, 2004. "The Impact of Competition on Bank Orientation and Specialization," CEPR Discussion Papers 4543, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Honohan, Patrick, 1999. "A model of bank contagion through lending," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 147-163, June.
- Engwall, Lars & Marquardt, Rolf & Pedersen, Torben & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2001.
"Foreign bank penetration of newly opened markets in the Nordic countries,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 53-63, March.
- Engwall, Lars & Marquardt, Rolf & Pedersen, Torben & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1999. "Foreign bank penetration of newly opened markets in the Nordic Countries," Working Papers 2-1999, Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management.
- José Campa & Mauro F. Guillén, 1999. "The Internalization of Exports: Firm- and Location-Specific Factors in a Middle-Income Country," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(11), pages 1463-1478, November.
- Parkhe, Arvind & Miller, Stewart R., 1998. "Foreign operations of U.S. banks: Impact of environmental differences and ownership advantages on organizational form preferences," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 59-83, July.
- B. Scholtens, 1997.
"Bank- and market-oriented financial systems: fact or fiction?,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 50(202), pages 301-323.
- B. Scholtens, 1997. "Bank- and market-oriented financial systems: fact or fiction?," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 50(202), pages 301-323.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2004. "The Impact of Competition on Bank Orientation and Specialization (new titel: The impact of competition on bank orientation)," CESifo Working Paper Series 1119, CESifo Group Munich.
- Claudia Curi, 2016. "Subsidiary vs. Branch Banks: Are Their Balance Sheet Compositions Converging?," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(4), pages 234-250, October.
- K. Chen, Shaw & Chen, Xuanjuan & Lin, Bing-Xuan & Zhong, Rongsa, 2005. "The impact of government regulation and ownership on the performance of securities companies: Evidences from China," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 113-124, December.
- Dopico, Luis G. & Wilcox, James A., 2002. "Openness, profit opportunities and foreign banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 299-320.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Matteo Piazza, 2008. "What are borders made of? An analysis of barriers to European banking integration," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 666, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bruno Amable & Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 1995.
"Systèmes financiers et croissance : les effets du "court-termisme","
Programme National Persée, vol. 46(3), pages 827-836.
- Bruno Amable & Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 1995. "Systèmes financiers et croissance: les effets du court-termisme," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00118638, HAL.
- Ruiz-Mallorquí, María Victoria & Santana-Martín, Domingo J., 2011. "Dominant institutional owners and firm value," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 118-129, January.
- Sayuri Shirai, 2001. "Searching for New Regulatory Frameworks for the Intermediate Financial Structure in Post-Crisis Asia," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-28, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Király, Júlia, 1995.
"Válságspirál, avagy a magyar bankok tőkevesztésének egy lehetséges értelmezése
[Crisis spiral, or: a possible interpretation of the loss of capital of die Hungarian banks]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 819-837.
- Blanca Sanchez-Robles, 1997. "Financial efficiency and economic growth: The case of Spain," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 3(4), pages 333-351, November.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Hsieh, Meng-Fen & Yang, Shih-Jui, 2014. "The relationship between revenue diversification and bank performance: Do financial structures and financial reforms matter?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 18-35.
- Neuberger, Doris, 1997. "Structure, Conduct and Performance in Banking Markets," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 12, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Francesca Arnaboldi & Barbara Casu, 2012. "Corporate Governance in European Banking," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 31 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni, 2001. "Asymmetric information and the structure of the banking industry," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1957-1980, December.
- Scholtens, Bert, 2000. "Financial regulation and financial system architecture in Central Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 525-553, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:18:y:1994:i:2:p:271-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.