How does foreign entry affect the domestic banking market?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Claessens, Stijn & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl[iota] & Huizinga, Harry, 2001. "How does foreign entry affect domestic banking markets?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 891-911, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Gorton, Gary & Rosen, Richard, 1995.
" Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1377-1420, December.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, "undated". "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1994. "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-09, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1992. "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," NBER Working Papers 4247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, "undated". "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gary Gorton & Richard J. Rosen, 1992. "Corporate control, portfolio choice, and the decline of banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 215, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Schranz, Mary S, 1993. "Takeovers Improve Firm Performance: Evidence from the Banking Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 299-326, April.
- Aliber, Robert Z, 1984. "International Banking: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 661-678, November.
- Cho, Y-J. & Khatkhate, D., 1989. "Lessons Of Financial Liberalization In Asia - A Comparative Study," World Bank - Discussion Papers 50, World Bank.
- Vittas, Dimitri, 1991. "Measuring commercial bank efficiency : use and misuse of bank operating ratios," Policy Research Working Paper Series 806, The World Bank.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Saunders, Anthony, 1981. "The determinants of foreign banking activity in the United States," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 17-32, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Debt Markets; Emerging Markets; Access to Finance; Public Sector Corruption&Anticorruption Measures;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1918. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.