Accountability and ideology: When left looks right and right looks left
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, 2007.
"Adding a Stick to the Carrot? The Interaction of Bonuses and Fines,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 177-181, May.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2007. "Adding a Stick to the Carrot? The Interaction of Bonuses and Fines," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 197, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2007. "Adding a stick to the carrot? The interaction of bonuses and fines," Munich Reprints in Economics 20654, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Henderson, Rebecca., 1994. "The evolution of integrative capability : innovation in cardiovascular drug discovery," Working papers 3711-94., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Robert L. Simons, 2010. "Accountability and Control as Catalysts for Strategic Exploration and Exploitation: Field Study Results," Harvard Business School Working Papers 10-051, Harvard Business School.
- Mathieu Lefebvre & Ferdinand M. Vieider, 2010.
"Reining in Excessive Risk Taking by Executives : Experimental Evidence,"
1006, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Mathieu Lefebvre & Ferdinand Vieider, 2010. "Reining in Excessive Risk Taking by Executives : Experimental Evidence," Post-Print halshs-00464463, HAL.
- Jan Bouwens & Laurence Van Lent, 2007.
"Assessing the Performance of Business Unit Managers,"
Journal of Accounting Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 667-697, September.
- Bouwens, J.F.M.G. & van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2006. "Assessing the Performance of Business Unit Managers," Discussion Paper 2006-92, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bouwens, J.F.M.G. & van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2007. "Assessing the performance of business unit managers," Other publications TiSEM b319acf4-637b-4b50-ab08-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Robert Gibbons, 1998. "Incentives in Organizations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 115-132, Fall.
- George Baker & Robert Gibbons & Kevin J. Murphy, 1994. "Subjective Performance Measures in Optimal Incentive Contracts," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 1125-1156.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 1985. "Control: Organizational and Economic Approaches," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 134-149, February.
- Curley, Shawn P. & Yates, J. Frank & Abrams, Richard A., 1986. "Psychological sources of ambiguity avoidance," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 230-256, October.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:99:y:2005:i:02:p:153-167_05 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:99:y:2005:i:01:p:29-43_05 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siegel-Jacobs, Karen & Yates, J. Frank, 1996. "Effects of Procedural and Outcome Accountability on Judgment Quality," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 1-17, January.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:100:y:2006:i:04:p:619-626_06 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:82:y:1988:i:04:p:1065-1087_19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2001. "Are CEOs Rewarded for Luck? The Ones Without Principals Are," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 901-932.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kausel, Edgar E. & Culbertson, Satoris S. & Leiva, Pedro I. & Slaughter, Jerel E. & Jackson, Alexander T., 2015. "Too arrogant for their own good? Why and when narcissists dismiss advice," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 33-50.
More about this item
KeywordsAccountability; Process; Outcome; Motivated reasoning; Ideology; Equality; Efficiency; Attribution errors; Trustworthiness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:122:y:2013:i:1:p:22-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.