Balancing and Rebalancing in the Creation and Evolution of Organizational Control
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Laurie J. Kirsch, 1996. "The Management of Complex Tasks in Organizations: Controlling the Systems Development Process," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 1-21, February.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- John R. Kimberly & Hamid Bouchikhi, 1995. "The Dynamics of Organizational Development and Change: How the Past Shapes the Present and Constrains the Future," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 9-18, February.
- William H. Glick & George P. Huber & C. Chet Miller & D. Harold Doty & Kathleen M. Sutcliffe, 1990. "Studying Changes in Organizational Design and Effectiveness: Retrospective Event Histories and Periodic Assessments," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 293-312, August.
- James P. Walsh, 1995. "Managerial and Organizational Cognition: Notes from a Trip Down Memory Lane," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 280-321, June.
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 1985. "Control: Organizational and Economic Approaches," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 134-149, February.
- Laurie S. Kirsch, 1997. "Portfolios of Control Modes and IS Project Management," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 215-239, September.
- Birnberg, Jacob G. & Snodgrass, Coral, 1988. "Culture and control: A field study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 447-464, August.
- Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw, 1999. "The Effects of Human Resource Management Systems on Economic Performance: An International Comparison of U.S. and Japanese Plants," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(5), pages 704-721, May.
- Mona V. Makhija & Usha Ganesh, 1997. "The Relationship Between Control and Partner Learning in Learning-Related Joint Ventures," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(5), pages 508-527, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Markus Kreutzer & Jorge Walter & Laura B. Cardinal, 2015. "Organizational control as antidote to politics in the pursuit of strategic initiatives," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(9), pages 1317-1337, September.
- Laura B. Cardinal, 2001. "Technological Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry: The Use of Organizational Control in Managing Research and Development," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 19-36, February.
- Laurie J. Kirsch, 2004. "Deploying Common Systems Globally: The Dynamics of Control," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 15(4), pages 374-395, December.
- Barbara Brenner & Björn Ambos, 2013. "A Question of Legitimacy? A Dynamic Perspective on Multinational Firm Control," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(3), pages 773-795, June.
- Sandeep Rustagi & William R. King & Laurie J. Kirsch, 2008. "Predictors of Formal Control Usage in IT Outsourcing Partnerships," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 19(2), pages 126-143, June.
- Pankaj Nagpal & Andreas I. Nicolaou & Kalle Lyytinen, 2014. "Outsourcing And Market Value Of The Firm: Toward A Comprehensive Model," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 19-38, January.
- Gregory D. Moody & Laurie J. Kirsch & Sandra A. Slaughter & Brian Kimball Dunn & Qin Weng, 2016. "Facilitating the Transformational: An Exploration of Control in Cyberinfrastructure Projects and the Discovery of Field Control," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(2), pages 324-346, June.
- Anandasivam Gopal & Sanjay Gosain, 2010. "Research Note ---The Role of Organizational Controls and Boundary Spanning in Software Development Outsourcing: Implications for Project Performance," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 960-982, December.
- Laurie J. Kirsch & Dong-Gil Ko & Mark H. Haney, 2010. "Investigating the Antecedents of Team-Based Clan Control: Adding Social Capital as a Predictor," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(2), pages 469-489, April.
- Likoebe M. Maruping & Viswanath Venkatesh & Ritu Agarwal, 2009. "A Control Theory Perspective on Agile Methodology Use and Changing User Requirements," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 377-399, September.
- Vivek Choudhury & Rajiv Sabherwal, 2003. "Portfolios of Control in Outsourced Software Development Projects," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 14(3), pages 291-314, September.
- Stephen K. Kim & Amrit Tiwana, 2016. "Chicken or egg? Sequential complementarity among salesforce control mechanisms," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 316-333, May.
- Christian Jung-Gehling & Erik Strauss, 2018. "A Contemporary Concept of Organizational Control: Its Dependence on Shared Values and Impact on Motivation," Schmalenbach Business Review, Springer;Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft, vol. 70(4), pages 341-374, November.
- Rob Gleasure & Kieran Conboy & Lorraine Morgan, 2019. "Talking Up a Storm: How Backers Use Public Discourse to Exert Control in Crowdfunded Systems Development Projects," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 30(2), pages 447-465, June.
- Sebastian Goebel & Barbara E. Weißenberger, 2017. "The Relationship Between Informal Controls, Ethical Work Climates, and Organizational Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(3), pages 505-528, March.
- Jetta Frost & Rick Vogel & Khaled Bagban, 2016. "Managing Interdependence in Multi-business Organizations," Schmalenbach Business Review, Springer;Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft, vol. 17(2), pages 225-260, August.
- Jahyun Goo, 2010. "Structure of service level agreements (SLA) in IT outsourcing: The construct and its measurement," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 185-205, April.
- Huigang Liang & Yajiong Xue & Liansheng Wu, 2013. "Ensuring Employees' IT Compliance: Carrot or Stick?," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 279-294, June.
- Sebastian Goebel & Barbara E. Weißenberger, 2017. "Effects of management control mechanisms: towards a more comprehensive analysis," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 87(2), pages 185-219, February.
- Donghwan Cho, 2019. "Exploring the Ambivalent Effects of Control Modes on Project Performance Dimensions in Software Development Outsourcing," International Journal of Business and Social Research, LAR Center Press, vol. 9(1), pages 1-7, January.
More about this item
Keywordscontrol; entrepreneurial organizations; longitudinal; founding;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ororsc:v:15:y:2004:i:4:p:411-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.