Population aging, the costs of health care for the elderly and growth
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 1997.
"Life expectancy and endogenous growth,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1997029, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cipriani, Giam Pietro, 2000. "Growth with unintended bequests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 51-53, July.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 2002.
"Vintage Human Capital, Demographic Trends, and Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 340-375, June.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 2000. "Vintage Human Capital, Demographic Trends and Endogenous Growth," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2000007, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Raouf Boucekkine & David de la Croix & Omar Licandro, . "vintage human capital, demographic trends and endogenous growth," Working Papers 2000-02, FEDEA.
- Zhang, Junsen & Zhang, Jie & Lee, Ronald, 2001. "Mortality decline and long-run economic growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 485-507, June.
- Bloom, David E & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 1998.
"Demographic Transitions and Economic Miracles in Emerging Asia,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 12(3), pages 419-55, September.
- David E. Bloom & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 1997. "Demographic Transitions and Economic Miracles in Emerging Asia," NBER Working Papers 6268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sloan, Frank A & Picone, Gabriel & Hoerger, Thomas J, 1997.
"The Supply of Children's Time to Disabled Elderly Parents,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(2), pages 295-308, April.
- Sloan, Frank & Gabriel Picone & Thomas J. Hoerger, 1995. "The Supply of Children's Time to Disabled Elderly Parents," Working Papers 95-46, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Jacobson, Lena, 2000. "The family as producer of health -- an extended grossman model," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 611-637, September.
- Pecchenino, R.A., 1994.
"Social Security, Social Welfare and the Aging Population,"
9403, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Kelvin R. Utendorf & Rowena A. Pecchenino, 1999. "Social security, social welfare and the aging population," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 607-623.
- Norton, Edward C., 2000. "Long-term care," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 17, pages 955-994 Elsevier.
- Bednarek, Heather L & Pecchenino, Rowena A, 2002.
" A Macroeconomic Analysis of Publicly Funded Health Care,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(2), pages 243-70.
- Bednarek, H.L. & Pecchenino, R.A., 1999. "A Macroeconomic Analysis of Publicly Funded Healthcare," Papers 9905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Steven Stern & Bridget Hiedemann, 1999.
"Strategic Play Among Family Members When Making Long-Term Care Decisions,"
Virginia Economics Online Papers
321, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Hiedemann, Bridget & Stern, Steven, 1999. "Strategic play among family members when making long-term care decisions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 29-57, September.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-55, March-Apr.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1984.
"Debt, Deficits and Finite Horizons,"
NBER Working Papers
1389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pecchenino, Rowena A. & Pollard, Patricia S., 2002.
"Dependent children and aged parents: funding education and social security in an aging economy,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 145-169, June.
- Rowena A. Pecchenino & Patricia S. Pollard, 2000. "Dependent children and aged parents: funding education and social security in an aging economy," Working Papers 1995-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Pecchenino, Rowena A & Pollard, Patricia S, 1997.
"The Effects of Annuities, Bequests, and Aging in an Overlapping Generations Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 26-46, January.
- Rowena A. Pecchenino & Patricia S. Pollard, 1995. "The effects of annuities, bequests, and aging in an overlapping generations model of endogenous growth," Working Papers 1995-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-37, October.
- Steven Stern, 1995. "Estimating Family Long-Term Care Decisions in the Presence of Endogenous Child Characteristics," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 551-580.
- Luisa Fuster, 1999.
"Effects of uncertain lifetime and annuity insurance on capital accumulation and growth,"
Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 429-445.
- Luisa Fuster, 1998. "Effects of uncertain lifetime and annuity insurance on capital accumulation and growth," Economics Working Papers 249, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 1999.
"Aging and the Growth of Long-Term Care,"
9909, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Tabata, Ken & Ohkusa, Yasushi, 2000. "Correction note on "The demand for health with uncertainty and insurance"," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 811-820, September.
- World Bank, 2003. "World Development Indicators 2003," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13920, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmacro:v:27:y:2005:i:3:p:472-493. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.