Rental externality, tenure security, and housing quality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dean H. Gatzlaff & Richard K. Green & David C. Ling, 1998.
"Cross-Tenure Differences in Home Maintenance and Appreciation,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(3), pages 328-342.
- Dean H. Gatzlaff & Richard K. Green & David C. Ling, 1997. "Cross-Tenure Differences in Home Maintenance and Appreciation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(3), pages 328-342.
- Benjamin, John D & de la Torre, Cris & Musumeci, Jim, 1995. "Controlling the Incentive Problems in Real Estate Leasing," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 177-191, March.
- Seko, Miki & Sumita, Kazuto, 2007. "Effects of government policies on residential mobility in Japan: Income tax deduction system and the Rental Act," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 167-188, June.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Linneman, Peter, 1990. "Rent controls and rental housing quality: A note on the effects of New York City's old controls," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 398-409, May.
- John Harding & Thomas J. Miceli & C.F. Sirmans, 2000. "Do Owners Take Better Care of Their Housing Than Renters?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 28(4), pages 663-681.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1990. "Contract types in the property market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 5-22, June.
- Moon, Choon-Geol & Stotsky, Janet G, 1993. "The Effect of Rent Control on Housing Quality Change: A Longitudinal Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 1114-1148, December.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- Seshimo, Hiroyuki, 2003. "Optimal tenant protection," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 59-92, January.
- Sims, David P., 2007. "Out of control: What can we learn from the end of Massachusetts rent control?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 129-151, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:aia:ginidp:dp42 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:sae:urbstu:v:54:y:2017:i:14:p:3218-3238 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geoffrey Turnbull & Velma Zahirovic-Herbert, 2012. "The Transitory and Legacy Effects of the Rental Externality on House Price and Liquidity," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 275-297, April.
- Elizabeth Fussell & Elizabeth Harris, 2014. "Homeownership and Housing Displacement After Hurricane Katrina Among Low-Income African-American Mothers in New Orleans," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1086-1100, December.
- Garner, Thesia I. & Short, Kathleen, 2009. "Accounting for owner-occupied dwelling services: Aggregates and distributions," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 233-248, September.
- Konstantin A Kholodilin & Andreas Mense & Claus Michelsen, 2017.
"The market value of energy efficiency in buildings and the mode of tenure,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 54(14), pages 3218-3238, November.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Claus Michelsen, 2014. "The Market Value of Energy Efficiency in Buildings and the Mode of Tenure," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1398, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Claus Michelsen & Konstantin Kholodilin & Andreas Mense, 2016. "The market value of energy efficiency in buildings and the mode of tenure," ERES eres2016_177, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Michelsen, Claus & Kholodilin, Konstantin, 2015. "The Market Value of Energy Efficiency in Buildings and the Mode of Tenure," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112881, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Fusco, Alessio, 2015. "The relationship between income and housing deprivation: A longitudinal analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 137-143.
- Michelsen, Claus & Rosenschon, Sebastian & Schulz, Christian, 2015.
"Small might be beautiful, but bigger performs better: Scale economies in “green” refurbishments of apartment housing,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 240-250.
- Claus Michelsen & Sebastian Rosenschon & Christian Schulz, 2014. "Small Might Be Beautiful, but Bigger Performs Better: Scale Economies in "Green" Refurbishments of Apartment Housing," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1410, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Michelle Norris & Nessa Winston, 2012. "GINI DP 42: Home-Ownership, Housing Regimes and Income Inequalities in Western Europe," GINI Discussion Papers 42, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Zumbro, Timo, 2011. "The relationship between homeownership and life satisfaction in Germany," CAWM Discussion Papers 44, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Nessa Winston, 2015. "Multifamily Housing and Resident Life Satisfaction: Evidence from the European Social Survey," Working Papers 201515, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Michelle Norris & Nessa Winston, 2012. "GINI DP 41: Home Ownership and Income Inequalities in Western Europe: Access, Affordability and Quality," GINI Discussion Papers 41, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Pat & Nanda, Anupam & Wyatt, Pete, 2016.
"Energy performance ratings and house prices in Wales: An empirical study,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 20-33.
- Franz Fuerst & Pat McAllister & Anupam Nanda & Peter Wyatt, 2015. "Energy Performance Ratings and House Prices in Wales: An Empirical Study," ERES eres2015_112, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Bruno Chiarini & Antonella D'Agostino & Elisabetta Marzano & Andrea Regoli, 2017. "Housing Environmental Risk in Urban Areas: Cross Country Comparison and Policy Implications," CESifo Working Paper Series 6822, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:150-174 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ignacio Navarro & Geoffrey Turnbull, 2014. "Property Rights and Urban Development: Initial Title Quality Matters Even When it No Longer Matters," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 1-22, July.
More about this item
KeywordsRental externality Tenure security Housing quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:17:y:2008:i:3:p:201-211. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.