'House poor' or simply 'poor'?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard V. Butler, 1982. "The Specification of Hedonic Indexes for Urban Housing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(1), pages 96-108.
- Donald L. Lerman & William J. Reeder, 1987. "The Affordability of Adequate Housing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(4), pages 389-404.
- Caudill, Steven B & Ault, Richard W & Saba, Richard P, 1989. "Efficient Estimation of the Costs of Rent Controls," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 154-159, February.
- Olsen, Edgar O, 1969. "A Competitive Theory of the Housing Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 612-622, Part I Se.
- Amy S. Bogdon & Ayse Can, 1997. "Indicators of Local Housing Affordability: Comparative and Spatial Approaches," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 43-80.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Linneman, Peter, 1980. "Some empirical results on the nature of the hedonic price function for the urban housing market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 47-68, July.
- C. Tsuriel Somerville & Christopher J. Mayer, 2003. "Government regulation and changes in the affordable housing stock," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 45-62.
- Olsen, Edgar O, 1972. "An Econometric Analysis of Rent Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(6), pages 1081-1100, Nov.-Dec..
- Allen C. Goodman & Masahiro Kawai, 1985. "Length-of-Residence Discounts and Rental Housing Demand: Theory and Evidence," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(2), pages 93-105.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko, 2003. "The impact of building restrictions on housing affordability," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 21-39.
- Chinloy, Peter T., 1977. "Hedonic price and depreciation indexes for residential housing: A longitudinal approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 469-482, October.
- Robert E. Leu & Stefan Burri, 1999. "Poverty in Switzerland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 135(III), pages 303-328, September.
- George Fallis & Lawrence B. Smith, 1985. "Price Effects of Rent Control on Controlled and Uncontrolled Rental Housing in Toronto: A Hedonic Index Approach," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(3), pages 652-659, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silvia Banfi & Massimo Filippini & Andrea Horehájová, 2008. "Valuation of Environmental Goods in Profit and Non-Profit Housing Sectors: Evidence from the Rental Market in the City of Zurich," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(IV), pages 631-654, December.
- Emma Mulliner & Vida Maliene, 2014. "An Analysis of Professional Perceptions of Criteria Contributing to Sustainable Housing Affordability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Andrea Baranzini & Caroline Schaerer & José V. Ramirez & Philippe Thalmann, 2008. "Do Foreigners Pay Higher Rents for the Same Quality of Housing in Geneva and Zurich?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 144(IV), pages 703-730, December.
- repec:wfo:wstudy:58932 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Kunnert, 2016. "Housing Affordability in Austria. Tailoring the Ratio Approach in a Simple yet Effective Way," WIFO Working Papers 520, WIFO.
- Andrea Kunnert, 2016. "Housing Affordability in Austria by Age and Year of Move-in. Application of the Residual Income and Tailored Ratio Approach," WIFO Working Papers 521, WIFO.
- Filali, Radhouane, 2008.
"Analyse des conditions de l'habitat en Tunisie: une approche par la statistique multivariée
[Housing condition analysis in Tunisia: A multivariate approach]," MPRA Paper 12196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liming Yao & Michael White & Alla Koblyakova, 2015. "House price appreciation and housing affordability: a study of younger households tenure choice in China," ERES eres2015_44, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Raffaele Miniaci & Carlo Scarpa & Paola Valbonesi, 2014. "Fuel poverty and the energy benefits system: The Italian case," IEFE Working Papers 66, IEFE, Center for Research on Energy and Environmental Economics and Policy, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Miniaci, Raffaele & Scarpa, Carlo & Valbonesi, Paola, 2014. "Energy affordability and the benefits system in Italy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 289-300.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhouse:v:12:y:2003:i:4:p:291-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622881 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.