Analyse des conditions de l'habitat en Tunisie: une approche par la statistique multivariée
[Housing condition analysis in Tunisia: A multivariate approach]
This paper discusses housing condition in Tunisia in the late 1990s, using a housing condition indicator that relies on less arbitrary weights. Evidences from household survey data indicate that despite the substantial improvement of tunisian's housing condition between 1994 and 2001, great disparities between urban and rural areas and between regions prevail. Moreover, it is shown that public authorities should stimulate the supply of social housing and local services in order to reduce housing poverty and disparities.
|Date of creation:||20 Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hartman, Moshe, 1974. "Constructing housing condition indicator," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 155-165, June.
- Mohamed Ayadi & AbdelRahmen El Lahga & Naouel Chtioui, 2007. "Pauvreté et inégalités en Tunisie: une approche non monétaire," Working Papers PMMA 2007-05, PEP-PMMA.
- Michael Greenacre, 2008. "Correspondence analysis of raw data," Economics Working Papers 1112, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2009.
- Stephen Malpezzi & J. Sa-Aadu, 1996. "What Have African Housing Policies Wrought?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 24(2), pages 133-160.
- Thalmann, Philippe, 2003. "'House poor' or simply 'poor'?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 291-317, December.
- Newman, Sandra J & Struyk, Raymond J, 1983. "Housing and Poverty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(2), pages 243-53, May.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1984. "Inequality Decomposition by Population Subgroups," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1369-85, November.
- Sahn, David E. & Stifel, David C., 2000. "Poverty Comparisons Over Time and Across Countries in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2123-2155, December.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Donald L. Lerman & William J. Reeder, 1987. "The Affordability of Adequate Housing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 15(4), pages 389-404.
- Stephen Malpezzi & Stephen K. Mayo, 1997. "Housing and Urban Development Indicators: A Good Idea Whose Time Has Returned," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-12.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:12196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.