Testing the HMO competitive strategy: An analysis of its impact on medical care resources
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Epple, Dennis, 1987. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Estimating Demand and Supply Functions for Differentiated Products," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 59-80, February.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G & Greenberg, Warren, 1980. "The Competitive Response of Blue Cross to the Health Maintenance Organization," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 55-68, January.
- Jensen, Gail A & Morrisey, Michael A, 1990. "Group Health Insurance: A Hedonic Price Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 38-44, February.
- Jensen, Gail & Feldman, Roger & Dowd, Bryan, 1984. "Corporate benefit policies and health insurance costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 275-296, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laurence Baker & Joanne Spetz, 1999. "Managed Care and Medical Technology Growth," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, volume 2, pages 27-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- H. Brown & José Pagán, 2006. "Managed care and the scale efficiency of US hospitals," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 278-289, December.
- Spetz, Joanne & Maiuro, Lisa Simonson, 2004. "Measuring levels of technology in hospitals," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 430-447, July.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stephane Lhuillery, 2016.
"Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(9), pages 1123-1147, September.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stéphane Lhuillery, 2015. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," Working Papers hal-01218064, HAL.
- Lamiraud, Karine & Lhuillery, Stephane, 2015. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," ESSEC Working Papers WP1518, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Karine Lamiraud & Stéphane Lhuillery, 2016. "Endogenous Technology Adoption and Medical Costs," Post-Print hal-01512885, HAL.
- Cutler David M. & Zeckhauser Richard J., 1998.
"Adverse Selection in Health Insurance,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Schut, Frederik T. & Hassink, Wolter H. J., 2002. "Managed competition and consumer price sensitivity in social health insurance," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1009-1029, November.
- Schut, Frederik T. & van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A., 1999. "Towards a reinforced agency role of health insurers in Belgium and the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 47-67, July.
- Laurence C. Baker, 2000. "Managed Care and Technology Adoption in Health Care: Evidence from Magnetic Resonance Imaging," NBER Working Papers 8020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gianluca Baio & Laura Magazzini & Claudia Oglialoro & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2005.
"Medical Devices: Competitiveness and Impact on Public Health Expenditure,"
Working Papers CERM
05-2005, Competitività, Regole, Mercati (CERM).
- Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo & Oglialoro, Claudia & Magazzini, Laura & Baio, Gianluca & Salerno, Nicola, 2005. "Medical Devices Competitiveness and Impact on Public Health Expenditure," MPRA Paper 16021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chernew, Michael & DeCicca, Philip & Town, Robert, 2008.
"Managed care and medical expenditures of Medicare beneficiaries,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1451-1461, December.
- Michael Chernew & Philip DeCicca & Robert Town, 2008. "Managed Care and Medical Expenditures of Medicare Beneficiaries," NBER Working Papers 13747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levinson, Arik & Ullman, Frank, 1998. "Medicaid managed care and infant health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 351-368, June.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Jin-Tan Liu & James K. Hammitt, 2004. "National Health Insurance and Technology Adoption: Evidence from Taiwan," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 26-38, January.
- Zhang, Nannan & Kohn, Linda & McGarrah, Robert & Anderson, Gerard, 1999. "The effect of managed care on hospital staffing and technological diffusion," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 189-205, August.
- Baker, Laurence C., 2001. "Managed care and technology adoption in health care: evidence from magnetic resonance imaging," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 395-421, May.
- Davide Consoli & Andrea Mina, 2009. "An evolutionary perspective on health innovation systems," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 297-319, April.
- Laurence C. Baker, 1994. "Does Competition from HMOs Affect Fee-For-Service Physicians?," NBER Working Papers 4920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:16:y:1997:i:3:p:261-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .