Managed care and medical expenditures of Medicare beneficiaries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Chernew & Philip DeCicca & Robert Town, 2008. "Managed Care and Medical Expenditures of Medicare Beneficiaries," NBER Working Papers 13747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gowrisankaran Gautam & Town Robert & Barrette Eric, 2011.
"Managed Care, Drug Benefits and Mortality: An Analysis of the Elderly,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 1-32, January.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Robert J. Town, 2004. "Managed Care, Drug Benefits and Mortality: An Analysis of the Elderly," NBER Working Papers 10204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cawley John & Chernew Michael & McLaughlin Catherine, 2002.
"CMS Payments Necessary to Support HMO Participation in Medicare Managed Care,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, January.
- John Cawley & Michael Chernew & Catherine McLaughlin, 2002. "CMS Payments Necessary to Support HMO Participation in Medicare Managed Care," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 5, pages 1-26 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Louise Sheiner, 1998.
"Managed Care and the Growth of Medical Expenditures,"
NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 1, pages 77-116
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Louise Sheiner, 1997. "Managed Care and the Growth of Medical Expenditures," NBER Working Papers 6140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baker, Laurence C., 1997. "The effect of HMOs on fee-for-service health care expenditures: Evidence from Medicare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 453-481, August.
- Hill, Steven C. & Wolfe, Barbara L., 1997. "Testing the HMO competitive strategy: An analysis of its impact on medical care resources," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 261-286, June.
- Town, Robert & Liu, Su, 2003. " The Welfare Impact of Medicare HMOs," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 719-736, Winter.
- Michelle M. Mello & Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton, 2002. "Do Medicare HMOs still reduce health services use after controlling for selection bias?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 323-340.
- Baker, Laurence C & McClellan, Mark B, 2001. "Managed Care, Health Care Quality, and Regulation," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 715-741, June.
- Zwanziger, Jack & Melnick, Glenn A., 1988. "The effects of hospital competition and the Medicare PPS program on hospital cost behavior in California," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 301-320, December.
- Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G., 2003. "Service-level selection by HMOs in Medicare," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 915-931, November.
- Baker, Laurence C & Corts, Kenneth S, 1996. "HMO Penetration and the Cost of Health Care: Market Discipline or Market Segmentation?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 389-394, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karen Stockley & Thomas McGuire & Christopher Afendulis & Michael E. Chernew, 2014. "Premium Transparency in the Medicare Advantage Market: Implications for Premiums, Benefits, and Efficiency," NBER Working Papers 20208, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katherine Baicker & Michael Chernew & Jacob Robbins, 2013. "The Spillover Effects of Medicare Managed Care: Medicare Advantage and Hospital Utilization," NBER Working Papers 19070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Song, Zirui & Landrum, Mary Beth & Chernew, Michael E., 2013. "Competitive bidding in Medicare Advantage: Effect of benchmark changes on plan bids," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1301-1312.
- Baicker, Katherine & Chernew, Michael E. & Robbins, Jacob A., 2013. "The spillover effects of Medicare managed care: Medicare Advantage and hospital utilization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1289-1300.
- Dunn, Abe, 2010.
"The value of coverage in the medicare advantage insurance market,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 839-855, December.
- Abe Dunn, 2010. "The Value of Coverage in the Medicare Advantage Insurance Market," BEA Working Papers 0061, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Wuppermann, Amelie & Bauhoff, Sebastian & Grabka, Markus, 2014. "The Price Sensitivity of Health Plan Choice among Retirees: Evidence from the German Social Health Insurance," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100352, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
KeywordsManaged care Medicare;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:27:y:2008:i:6:p:1451-1461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.