National Health Insurance and Technology Adoption: Evidence from Taiwan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hausman, Jerry A & Wise, David A, 1979. "Attrition Bias in Experimental and Panel Data: The Gary Income Maintenance Experiment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 455-473, March.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Valvona, Joseph & Perrin, James M. & Adamache, Killard W., 1986. "Diffusion of surgical technology : An exploratory study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 31-61, March.
- David M. Cutler & Mark McClellan, 1996. "The Determinants of Technological Change in Heart Attack Treatment," NBER Working Papers 5751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2000. "Disability Insurance Benefits and Labor Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1162-1183, December.
- Lee, Robert H. & Waldman, Donald M., 1985. "The diffusion of innovations in hospitals : Some econometric considerations," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 373-380, December.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- James R. Baumgardner, 1991. "The Interaction between Forms of Insurance Contract and Types of Technical Change in Medical Care," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(1), pages 36-53, Spring.
- Hill, Steven C. & Wolfe, Barbara L., 1997. "Testing the HMO competitive strategy: An analysis of its impact on medical care resources," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 261-286, June.
- Brigitte C. Madrian, 1994.
"Employment-Based Health Insurance and Job Mobility: Is there Evidence of Job-Lock?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 27-54.
- Brigitte C. Madrian, 1993. "Employment-Based Health Insurance and Job Mobility: Is There Evidence of Job-Lock?," NBER Working Papers 4476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Romeo, Anthony A. & Wagner, Judith L. & Lee, Robert H., 1984. "Prospective reimbursement and the diffusion of new technologies in hospitals," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Baker, Laurence C., 2001. "Managed care and technology adoption in health care: evidence from magnetic resonance imaging," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 395-421, May.
- Chou, Y. J. & Staiger, Douglas, 2001. "Health insurance and female labor supply in Taiwan," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 187-211, March.
- Weisbrod, Burton A, 1991. "The Health Care Quadrilemma: An Essay on Technological Change, Insurance, Quality of Care, and Cost Containment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 523-552, June.
- Fuchs, Victor R, 1996. "Economics, Values, and Health Care Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 1-24, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Freedman, Seth & Lin, Haizhen & Simon, Kosali, 2015.
"Public health insurance expansions and hospital technology adoption,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 117-131.
- Seth Freedman & Haizhen Lin & Kosali Simon, 2012. "Public Health Insurance Expansions and Hospital Technology Adoption," Working Papers 2012-08, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Seth Freedman & Haizhen Lin & Kosali Simon, 2014. "Public Health Insurance Expansions and Hospital Technology Adoption," NBER Working Papers 20159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seth Freedman & Haizhen Lin & Kosali Simon, 2014. "Public Health Insurance Expansions and Hospital Technology Adoption," Working Papers 2014-04, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Liu, Jin-Tan, 2014.
"The impact of National Health Insurance on birth outcomes: A natural experiment in Taiwan,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 75-91.
- Shin-Yi Chou & Michael Grossman & Jin-Tan Liu, 2011. "The Impact of National Health Insurance on Birth Outcomes: A Natural Experiment in Taiwan," NBER Working Papers 16811, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jos L. T. Blank & Vivian G. Valdmanis, 2015. "Technology diffusion in hospitals: a log odds random effects regression model," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 246-259, July.
- Liu, Ya-Ming & Kao Yang, Yea-Huei & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey, 2011. "The determinants of the adoption of pharmaceutical innovation: Evidence from Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(6), pages 919-927, March.
- Kamhon Kan & Yen-Ling Lin, 2009.
"The labor market effects of national health insurance: evidence from Taiwan,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 311-350, April.
- Kamhon Kan & Yen-Ling Lin, 2007. "The Labor Market Effects of National Health Insurance : Evidence From Taiwan," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 07-A001, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Hung, Jung-Hua & Chang, Li, 2008. "Has cost containment after the National Health Insurance system been successful: Determinants of Taiwan hospital costs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 321-335, March.
More about this item
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:22:y:2004:i:1:p:26-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.