Physician reimbursement and technology adoption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laurence Baker & Joanne Spetz, 1999. "Managed Care and Medical Technology Growth," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, volume 2, pages 27-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Mark McClellan, 1996. "The Determinants of Technological Change in Heart Attack Treatment," NBER Working Papers 5751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kesteloot, K. & Voet, N., 1998. "Incentives for cooperation in quality improvement among hospitals--the impact of the reimbursement system," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 701-728, December.
- Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G., 1990. "Optimal payment systems for health services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 375-396, December.
- Baker, Laurence C., 2001. "Managed care and technology adoption in health care: evidence from magnetic resonance imaging," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 395-421, May.
- Cutler, David M. & Zeckhauser, Richard J., 2000. "The anatomy of health insurance," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 563-643 Elsevier.
- Ma, Ching-to Albert & McGuire, Thomas G, 1997. "Optimal Health Insurance and Provider Payment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 685-704, September.
- Zeckhauser, Richard, 1970. "Medical insurance: A case study of the tradeoff between risk spreading and appropriate incentives," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 10-26, March.
- Fuchs, Victor R, 1996. "Economics, Values, and Health Care Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Goddeeris, John H, 1984. "Medical Insurance, Technological Change, and Welfare," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 56-67, January.
- McGuire, Thomas G., 2000. "Physician agency," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 461-536 Elsevier.
- Randall P. Ellis & Thomas G. McGuire, 1993. "Supply-Side and Demand-Side Cost Sharing in Health Care," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 135-151, Fall.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Glied, Sherry, 2000. "Managed care," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 707-753 Elsevier.
- Weisbrod, Burton A, 1991. "The Health Care Quadrilemma: An Essay on Technological Change, Insurance, Quality of Care, and Cost Containment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 523-552, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre Thomas Léger & Erin Strumpf, 2010. "Système de paiement des médecins : bref de politique," CIRANO Project Reports 2010rp-12, CIRANO.
- Schmid, Andreas, 2007. "Incentive Compatibility and Efficiency in the contractual Insurer-Provider Relationship: Economic Theory and practical Implications: The Case of North Carolina," MPRA Paper 23311, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Xavier Martinez-Giralt, 2009.
"Technological adoption in health care,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
790.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Barros, Pedro Pita & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier, 2010. "Technological adoption in health care," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp545, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Xavier Martínez-Giralt, 2009. "Technological adoption in health care," Working Papers 413, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita & Martinez-Giralt, Xavier, 2009. "Technological adoption in health care," CEPR Discussion Papers 7558, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Seungchul Lee & Robert Rosenman, 2013.
"Reimbursement and Investment: Prospective Payment and For-Profit Hospitals’ Market Share,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 503-518, December.
- Seungchul Lee & Robert Rosenman, 2012. "Reimbursement and Investment: Propsective Payment and For-Profit Hospitals' Market Share," Working Papers 2012-3, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Martin Chalkley, 2012.
"Contracts, Information and Incentives in Health Care,"
Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 22
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Martin Chalkley, 2006. "Contracts, Information and Incentives in Health Care," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, chapter 22 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Astrid Selder, 2004. "Der Einfluss der Arzthonorierung auf die Anwendung neuer Techniken," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 73(4), pages 579-588.
- Jos L. T. Blank & Vivian G. Valdmanis, 2015. "Technology diffusion in hospitals: a log odds random effects regression model," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 246-259, July.
- Finocchiaro Castro, Massimo & Guccio, Calogero & Pignataro, Giacomo & Rizzo, Ilde, 2014. "The effects of reimbursement mechanisms on medical technology diffusion in the hospital sector in the Italian NHS," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 215-229.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:24:y:2005:i:5:p:907-930. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.