Competitive behavior in market games: Evidence and theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Friedman, Daniel & Ostroy, Joseph, 1995. "Competitivity in Auction Markets: An Experimental and Theoretical Investigation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 22-53, January.
- Gale, Douglas M, 1986. "Bargaining and Competition Part I: Characterization," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 785-806, July.
- Peck, James & Shell, Karl, 1990. "Liquid markets and competition," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 362-377, December.
- Postlewaite, A & Schmeidler, David, 1978. "Approximate Efficiency of Non-Walrasian Nash Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 127-135, January.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1982. "Microeconomic Systems as an Experimental Science," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 923-955, December.
- Peck, James & Shell, Karl & Spear, Stephen E., 1992. "The market game: existence and structure of equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 271-299.
- Schaffer, Mark E., 1989. "Are profit-maximisers the best survivors? : A Darwinian model of economic natural selection," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-45, August.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Shubik, Martin, 1977.
"A closed economic system with production and exchange modelled as a game of strategy,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 253-287, December.
- Pradeep Dubey & Martin Shubik, 1976. "A Closed Economic System with Production and Exchange Modelled as a Game of Strategy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 429, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211-211.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Shubik, Martin, 1978. "A theory of money and financial institutions. 28. The non-cooperative equilibria of a closed trading economy with market supply and bidding strategies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Ghosal, Sayantan & Morelli, Massimo, 2004. "Retrading in market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 151-181, March.
- Holt, Charles A & Langan, Loren W & Villamil, Anne P, 1986. "Market Power in Oral Double Auctions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(1), pages 107-123, January.
- Isaac, R. Mark & Plott, Charles R., 1981.
"The opportunity for conspiracy in restraint of trade : An experimental study,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Isaac, R. Mark & Plott, Charles R., "undated". "The Opportunity for Conspiracy in Restraint of Trade: An Experimental Study," Working Papers 255, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Fernando Vega-Redondo, 1997. "The Evolution of Walrasian Behavior," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(2), pages 375-384, March.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1977. "Trade Using One Commodity as a Means of Payment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 937-968, October.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Dickson & Roger Hartley, 2011.
"Trade in bilateral oligopoly with endogenous market formation,"
1104, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Dickson, Alex & Hartley, Roger, 2011. "Trade in bilateral oligopoly with endogenous market formation," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-12, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Duersch, Peter & Oechssler, Joerg & Schipper, Burkhard C, 2010.
"Pure Saddle Points and Symmetric Relative Payoff Games,"
20864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Duersch, Peter & Oechssler, Jörg & Schipper, Burkhard C., 2010. "Pure Saddle Points and Symmetric Relative Payoff Games," Working Papers 0500, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Peter Duersch & Joerg Oechssler & Burkhard C. Schipper, 2010. "Pure Saddle Points and Symmetric Relative Payoff Games," Working Papers 104, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Athreya, Kartik B., 2014. "Big Ideas in Macroeconomics: A Nontechnical View," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262019736, January.
- Régis Breton & Bertrand Gobillard, 2005.
"Robustness of equilibrium price dispersion in finite market games,"
- Breton, Régis & Gobillard, Bertrand, 2011. "Robustness of equilibrium price dispersion in finite market games," TSE Working Papers 11-308, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Régis Breton, 2006. "Robustness of equilibrium price dispersion in finite market games," Post-Print halshs-00256842, HAL.
- Régis BRETON & Bertrand GOBILLARD, 2006. "Robustness of Equilibrium Price Dispersion in Finite Market Games," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1451, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Régis Breton & Bertrand Gobillard, 2006. "Robustness of equilibrium price dispersion in finite market games," EconomiX Working Papers 2006-10, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Régis Breton, 2006. "Robustness of equilibrium price dispersion in finite market games," Post-Print halshs-00256847, HAL.
- Mandel, Antoine & Gintis, Herbert, 2016.
"Decentralized Pricing and the equivalence between Nash and Walrasian equilibrium,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 84-92.
- Antoine Mandel & Herbert Gintis, 2016. "Decentralized Pricing and the equivalence between Nash and Walrasian equilibrium," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01296646, HAL.
- Iván Barreda-Tarrazona & Aurora García-Gallego & Nikolaos Georgantzis & Nicholas Ziros, 2015. "Market games as social dilemmas," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 07-2015, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Peter Duersch & Jörg Oechssler & Burkhard Schipper, 2012.
"Pure strategy equilibria in symmetric two-player zero-sum games,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 41(3), pages 553-564, August.
- Peter Duersch & Joerg Oechssler & Burkhard Schipper, 2010. "Pure Strategy Equilibria in Symmetric Two-Player Zero-Sum Games," Working Papers 1021, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Dimitrios Xefteris & Nicholas Ziros, 2017. "Strategic Vote Trading in Power Sharing Systems," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 76-94, May.
- Dmitry Levando, 2012. "A Survey Of Strategic Market Games," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 57(194), pages 63-106, July - Se.
- Vasin, A., 2010. "Evolutionary Game Theory and Economics. Part 2. Stability of Equilibria. Special Features of Human Behavior Evolution," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 5, pages 10-27.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket games Full Nash equilibrium Market power Competition Experimental economics Evolutionary stability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:146:y:2011:i:4:p:1437-1463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.