Land use regulation and the provision of open space in suburban residential subdivisions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McMillen, Daniel P. & McDonald, John F., 1991. "A simultaneous equations model of zoning and land values," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 55-72, May.
- Daniel P. McMillen & John F. McDonald, 2002. "Land Values In A Newly Zoned City," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 62-72, February.
- Wallace, Nancy E., 1988. "The market effects of zoning undeveloped land: Does zoning follow the market?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 307-326, May.
- C H Yang & M Fujita, 1983. "Urban spatial structure with open space," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 15(1), pages 67-84, January.
- Wu, JunJie & Adams, Richard M. & Plantinga, Andrew J., 2003.
"Amenities In An Urban Equilibrium Model: Residential Development In Portland, Oregon,"
2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada
21961, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- JunJie Wu & Richard M. Adams & Andrew J. Plantinga, 2004. "Amenities in an Urban Equilibrium Model: Residential Development in Portland, Oregon," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(1), pages 19-32.
- Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Wainger, Lisa A. & Bockstael, Nancy E., 1997. "Spatial landscape indices in a hedonic framework: an ecological economics analysis using GIS," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 251-264, December.
- Hughes, William Jr. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1996. "Uncertain Neighborhood Effects and Restrictive Covenants," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 160-172, March.
- Tyrvainen, Liisa & Miettinen, Antti, 2000. "Property Prices and Urban Forest Amenities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 205-223, March.
- Alex Anas & Richard Arnott & Kenneth A. Small, 1998.
"Urban Spatial Structure,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 36(3), pages 1426-1464, September.
- Richard Arnott & Alex Anas & Kenneth Small, 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 388., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Anas, Alex & Arnott, Richard & Small, Kenneth A., 1997. "Urban Spatial Structure," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt835049q3, University of California Transportation Center.
- Munneke, Henry J., 2005. "Dynamics of the urban zoning structure: An empirical investigation of zoning change," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 455-473, November.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & McDonald, John F., 1991. "A Markov Chain model of zoning change," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 257-270, September.
- Paul Thorsnes, 2002. "The Value of a Suburban Forest Preserve: Estimates from Sales of Vacant Residential Building Lots," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 426-441.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-19, November.
- Thorsnes, Paul, 2000. "Internalizing Neighborhood Externalities: The Effect of Subdivision Size and Zoning on Residential Lot Prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 397-418, November.
- Colwell, Peter F. & Scheu, Tim, 1989. "Optimal lot size and configuration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 90-109, July.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-85, May.
- James M. Holway & Raymond J. Burby, 1990. "The Effects of Floodplain Development Controls on Residential Land Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(3), pages 259-271.
- Elena G. Irwin, 2002. "The Effects of Open Space on Residential Property Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 465-480.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1995. "On the Price of Land and the Value of Amenities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(246), pages 247-67, May.
- Ian Hardie & Erik Lichtenberg & Cynthia J. Nickerson, 2007. "Regulation, Open Space, and the Value of Land Undergoing Residential Subdivision," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 83(4), pages 458-474.
- Bucholtz, Shawn & Geoghegan, Jacqueline & Lynch, Lori, 2003. "Capitalization of Open Spaces into Housing Values and the Residential Property Tax Revenue Impacts of Agricultural Easement Programs," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 32(1), April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:54:y:2007:i:2:p:199-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.