Boundedly rational opinion dynamics in social networks: Does indegree matter?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Pietro Battiston & Luca Stanca, 2015. "Boundedly Rational Opinion Dynamics in Social Networks: Does Indegree Matter?," LEM Papers Series 2015/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefano DellaVigna & Matthew Gentzkow, 2010. "Persuasion: Empirical Evidence," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 643-669, September.
- Rainer Hegselmann & Ulrich Krause, 2002. "Opinion Dynamics and Bounded Confidence Models, Analysis and Simulation," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 5(3), pages 1-2.
- Buechel, Berno & Hellmann, Tim & Klößner, Stefan, 2015.
"Opinion dynamics and wisdom under conformity,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 240-257.
- Büchel, Berno & Hellmann, Tim & Klößner, Stefan, 2013. "Opinion Dynamics and Wisdom under Conformity," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79770, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Berno Buechel & Tim Hellmann & Stefan Kölßner, 2014. "Opinion Dynamics and Wisdom under Conformity," Working Papers 2014.51, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Buechel, Berno & Tim, Hellmann & Kölßner, Stefan, 2014. "Opinion Dynamics and Wisdom under Conformity," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 172707, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Buechel, Berno & Hellmann, Tim & Klößner, Stefan, 2014. "Opinion dynamics and wisdom under conformity," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 469, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Gale, Douglas & Kariv, Shachar, 2003. "Bayesian learning in social networks," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 329-346, November.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Bimpikis, Kostas & Ozdaglar, Asuman, 2014.
"Dynamics of information exchange in endogenous social networks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 9(1), January.
- Daron Acemoglu & Kostas Bimpikis & Asuman Ozdaglar, 2010. "Dynamics of Information Exchange in Endogenous Social Networks," NBER Working Papers 16410, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Kostas Bimpikis & Asuman E, Ozdaglar, 2010. "Dynamics of Information Exchange in Endogenous Social Networks," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000216, David K. Levine.
- Daron Acemoglu & Asuman Ozdaglar, 2011. "Opinion Dynamics and Learning in Social Networks," Dynamic Games and Applications, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 3-49, March.
- Venkatesh Bala & Sanjeev Goyal, 1998. "Learning from Neighbours," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 595-621.
- Corazzini, Luca & Pavesi, Filippo & Petrovich, Beatrice & Stanca, Luca, 2012.
"Influential listeners: An experiment on persuasion bias in social networks,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 1276-1288.
- Luca Corazzini & Filippo Pavesi & Beatrice Petrovich & Luca Stanca, 2010. "Influential Listeners: An Experiment on Persuasion Bias in Social Networks," Working Papers 196, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2010.
- Peter M. DeMarzo & Dimitri Vayanos & Jeffrey Zwiebel, 2003.
"Persuasion Bias, Social Influence, and Unidimensional Opinions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 909-968.
- Zwiebel, Jeffrey H. & Vayanos, Dimitri & DeMarzo, Peter M., 2001. "Persuasion Bias, Social Influence, and Uni-Dimensional Opinions," Research Papers 1719, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- DeMarzo, Peter M. & Vayanos, Dimitri & Zwiebel, Jeffrey, 2003. "Persuasion bias, social influence, and uni-dimensional opinions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 454, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daron Acemoglu & Munther A. Dahleh & Ilan Lobel & Asuman Ozdaglar, 2011. "Bayesian Learning in Social Networks," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(4), pages 1201-1236.
- Jadbabaie, Ali & Molavi, Pooya & Sandroni, Alvaro & Tahbaz-Salehi, Alireza, 2012. "Non-Bayesian social learning," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 210-225.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Goldbaum, 2016. "Conformity and Influence," Working Paper Series 35, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- repec:bpj:bejtec:v:19:y:2019:i:1:p:29:n:15 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:149:y:2018:i:c:p:46-57 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vegard H. Larsen & Leif Anders Thorsrud, 2018.
"Business cycle narratives,"
2018/3, Norges Bank.
- Vegard Høghaug Larsen & Leif Anders Thorsrud, 2018. "Business cycle narratives," Working Papers No 6/2018, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School.
- Vegard H. Larsen & Leif Anders Thorsrud, 2019. "Business Cycle Narratives," CESifo Working Paper Series 7468, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:158:y:2019:i:c:p:15-32 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSocial networks; Learning; Social influence; Bounded rationality;
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:119:y:2015:i:c:p:400-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.