Stability in a network economy: The role of institutions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Robert P. GILLES & Emiliya A. LAZAROVA & Pieter H.M. RUYS, 2015. "Stability in a Network Economy: The Role of Institutions," CIRIEC Working Papers 1501, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Chung, Kim-Sau, 2000. "On the Existence of Stable Roommate Matchings," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 206-230, November.
- Conley, John P. & Konishi, Hideo, 2002.
"Migration-proof Tiebout equilibrium: existence and asymptotic efficiency,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 243-262.
- John Conley & Hideo Konishi, 2001. "Migration-proof Tiebout equilibrium:Existence and asymptotic efficiency," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 28(1), pages 1.
- John P. Conley & Hideo Konishi, 2000. "Migration-Proof Tiebout Equilibrium: Existence and Asymptotic Efficiency," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 452, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Dec 2000.
- Jean‐Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Two‐sided markets: a progress report," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 645-667, September.
- Kuran, Timur, 2009. "Preface: The economic impact of culture, religion and the law," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 589-592, September.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Frederking, Lauretta Conklin, 2002. "Is there an endogenous relationship between culture and economic development?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 105-126, June.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Wolinsky, Asher, 1996.
"A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 44-74, October.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1994. "A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks," Discussion Papers 1098, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Asher Wolinsky, 1995. "A Strategic Model of Social and Economic Networks," Discussion Papers 1098R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Robert P. Gilles & Dimitrios Diamantaras, 2013. "Platform Competition as Network Contestability," DETU Working Papers 1303, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Scotchmer, Suzanne, 2002. "Local public goods and clubs," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 29, pages 1997-2042 Elsevier.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776, December.
- Dreze, J H & Greenberg, J, 1980. "Hedonic Coalitions: Optimality and Stability," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 987-1003, May.
- Sotomayor, Marilda, 1996. "A Non-constructive Elementary Proof of the Existence of Stable Marriages," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 135-137, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:12:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dehejia, Rajeev & DeLeire, Thomas & Luttmer, Erzo F.P., 2007.
"Insuring consumption and happiness through religious organizations,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 259-279, February.
- Dehejia, Rajeev & DeLeire, Thomas & Luttmer, Erzo F. P., 2005. "Insuring Consumption and Happiness through Religious Organizations," Working Paper Series rwp05-047, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rajeev Dehejia & Thomas DeLeire & Erzo F.P. Luttmer, 2005. "Insuring Consumption and Happiness Through Religious Organizations," NBER Working Papers 11576, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Jackson & Alison Watts, 2008. "Equilibrium Existence in Bipartite Social Games: A Generalization of Stable Matchings," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(12), pages 1-8.
- Gilles, Robert P. & Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1997.
"Decentralization in Replicated Club Economies with Multiple Private Goods,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 363-387, February.
- Gilles, Robert P. & Scotchmer, Suzanne, 1995. "Decentralization in Replicated Club Economies with Multiple Private Goods," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt22k559dk, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Robert P. Gilles and Suzanne Scotchmer., 1995. "Decentralization in Replicated Club Economies with Multiple Private Goods," Economics Working Papers 95-243, University of California at Berkeley.
- Partha Dasgupta, 2005. "Economics of Social Capital," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(s1), pages 2-21, August.
- Michele Piccione & Ariel Rubinstein, 2007. "Equilibrium in the Jungle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 883-896, July.
- Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2005. "Democracy, Volatility, and Economic Development," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(2), pages 348-361, May.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
- Neilson, William S., 1999. "The economics of favors," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 387-397, July.
- Goyal, Sanjeev & Janssen, Maarten C. W., 1995. "Dynamic coordination failures and the efficiency of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 223-239, October.
- Conley, John P. & Wooders, Myrna H., 1997. "Equivalence of the Core and Competitive Equilibrium in a Tiebout Economy with Crowding Types," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 421-440, May.
- Baker, Matthew & Bulte, Erwin & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2010. "The origins of governments: from anarchy to hierarchy," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 215-242, June.
- Tayfun Sönmez & Suryapratim Banerjee & Hideo Konishi, 2001. "Core in a simple coalition formation game," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 18(1), pages 135-153.
- Kaufman, Bruce E., 2003. "The organization of economic activity: insights from the institutional theory of John R. Commons," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 71-96, September.
- Sugden, Robert, 1995. "The coexistence of conventions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-256, October.
- Wagner, Richard E., 2012. "A macro economy as an ecology of plans," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 433-444.
- Stoelhorst, J.W. & Richerson, Peter J., 2013. "A naturalistic theory of economic organization," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 90(S), pages 45-56.
- Howitt, Peter & Clower, Robert, 2000. "The emergence of economic organization," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 55-84, January.
- Bramoulle, Yann & Kranton, Rachel, 2007. "Public goods in networks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 478-494, July.
- Evans David S., 2003. "Some Empirical Aspects of Multi-sided Platform Industries," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 1-19, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elsner, Wolfram, 2017. "Policy and State in Complexity Economics," EconStor Preprints 158766, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Pieter H.M. RUYS, 2014. "Architecture of an Economy with Social Enterprises: the Relational Capacity Approach," CIRIEC Working Papers 1413, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
- Yuri Biondi & Feng Zhou, 2017. "Interbank Credit and the Money Manufacturing Process. A Systemic Perspective on Financial Stability," Papers 1702.08774, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsNetwork economies; Bilateral and multilateral interaction; Stable outcomes; Institutional stability;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:119:y:2015:i:c:p:375-399. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.