Escaping the green prison: Entrepreneurship and the creation of opportunities for sustainable development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bimonte, Salvatore, 2008. "The "tragedy of tourism resources" as the outcome of a strategic game: A new analytical framework," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 457-464, October.
- Oses-Eraso, Nuria & Viladrich-Grau, Montserrat, 2007.
"On the sustainability of common property resources,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, pages 393-410.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Aldy, Joseph, 2006. "Labor Market Estimates of the Senior Discount for the Value of Statistical Life," Discussion Papers dp-06-12, Resources For the Future.
- Colman, Andrew M., 2006. "Thomas C. Schelling's psychological decision theory: Introduction to a special issue," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, pages 603-608.
- Dean, Thomas J. & Meyer, G. Dale, 1996. "Industry environments and new venture formations in U.S. manufacturing: A conceptual and empirical analysis of demand determinants," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 107-132.
- Johnson, Ronald N & Libecap, Gary D, 1982. "Contracting Problems and Regulation: The Case of the Fishery," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1005-1022.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:80:y:1986:i:04:p:1095-1111_18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muradian, Roldan & Pelupessy, Wim, 2005. "Governing the coffee chain: The role of voluntary regulatory Systems," World Development, Elsevier, pages 2029-2044.
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Maxwell, John W., 1996. "What to do when win-win won't work: Environmental strategies for costly regulation," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 60-63.
- McWhinnie, Stephanie F., 2009.
"The tragedy of the commons in international fisheries: An empirical examination,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, pages 321-333.
- Stephanie McWhinnie, 2007. "The Tragedy of the Commons in International Fisheries: An Empirical Examination," School of Economics Working Papers 2007-05, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Petra Christmann & Glen Taylor, 2001. "Globalization and the Environment: Determinants of Firm Self-Regulation in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, pages 439-458.
- Sarason, Yolanda & Dean, Tom & Dillard, Jesse F., 2006. "Entrepreneurship as the nexus of individual and opportunity: A structuration view," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 286-305.
- Low, Murray B. & Abrahamson, Eric, 1997. "Movements, bandwagons, and clones: Industry evolution and the entrepreneurial process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 435-457.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1514-1514.
- Barzel,Yoram, 1997. "Economic Analysis of Property Rights," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521597135, December.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Oates, Wallace E, 1992. "Environmental Economics: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 675-740.
- Dean, Thomas J. & McMullen, Jeffery S., 2007. "Toward a theory of sustainable entrepreneurship: Reducing environmental degradation through entrepreneurial action," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 50-76.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1504-1511.
- Mailath, George J., 1992. "Introduction: Symposium on evolutionary game theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, pages 259-277.
- Marlei Pozzebon, 2004. "The Influence of a Structurationist View on Strategic Management Research," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 247-272, March.
- Jun Xiang & Xiaohong Xu & George Keteku, 2007.
Journal of Conflict Resolution,
Peace Science Society (International), pages 646-663.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Skaperdas, Stergios, 2005. "Succession Rules and Leadership Rents," CEPR Discussion Papers 5206, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kai A. Konrad & Stergios Skaperdas, 2005. "Succession Rules and Leadership Rents," CESifo Working Paper Series 1534, CESifo Group Munich.
- Konrad, Kai A. & Skaperdas, Stergios, 2007. "Succession rules and leadership rents," Munich Reprints in Economics 22093, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Konrad, Kai Andreas & Skaperdas, Stergios, 2005.
"Succession rules and leadership rents
[Nachfolgeregeln und die Verteilung von Renten aus Herrschaft]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2005-13, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Huybers, Twan & Bennett, Jeff, 2003. "Inter-firm cooperation at nature-based tourism destinations," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 571-587, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janti Gunawan & Kym Fraser, 2016. "Exploring young and green entrepreneurship in Indonesia: An introduction," Journal of Asian Business Strategy, Asian Economic and Social Society, pages 185-194.
- Fragoso, Rui Manuel de Sousa, 2015. "Habitat Features and Strategies for the Sustainable Development in the Alentejo Region," Brazilian Journal of Rural Economy and Sociology (RESR), Sociedade Brasileira de Economia e Sociologia Rural, vol. 53.
- Linda Bergset, 2015. "The Rationality and Irrationality of Financing Green Start-Ups," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-26, November.
- Gabriel, Cle-Anne, 2016. "What is challenging renewable energy entrepreneurs in developing countries?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, pages 362-371.
- Stratos Ramoglou & Stelios Zyglidopoulos, 2015. "The constructivist view of entrepreneurial opportunities: a critical analysis," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 71-78.
- O'Neil, Isobel & Ucbasaran, Deniz, 2016. "Balancing “what matters to me” with “what matters to them”: Exploring the legitimation process of environmental entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 133-152.
- repec:col:000180:015901 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:prp:uppmos:978-961-7023-53-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muñoz, Pablo & Dimov, Dimo, 2015. "The call of the whole in understanding the development of sustainable ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, pages 632-654.
- Sarkar, Soumodip & Pansera, Mario, 2017. "Sustainability-driven innovation at the bottom: Insights from grassroots ecopreneurs," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, pages 327-338.
- Brigitte Hoogendoorn & Daniela Guerra & Peter Zwan, 2015. "What drives environmental practices of SMEs?," Small Business Economics, Springer, pages 759-781.
- Dan Popescu & Cristina State, 2015. "Crowdsourcing: An Alternative for the Dynamic Development of Entrepreneurship in the Romanian Tourism," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(38), pages 162-162, February.
- repec:eee:jbvent:v:32:y:2017:i:5:p:569-587 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Jeremy K. & Daneke, Gregory A. & Lenox, Michael J., 2010. "Sustainable development and entrepreneurship: Past contributions and future directions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 439-448, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSustainable development Institutional economics Prisoner' s dilemma Sustainable entrepreneurship Creation entrepreneurship;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:25:y:2010:i:5:p:464-480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.