Retail investors and financial advisors: New evidence on trust and advice taking heuristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dufwenberg, Martin & Gneezy, Uri, 2000. "Measuring Beliefs in an Experimental Lost Wallet Game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 163-182, February.
- Hackethal, Andreas & Haliassos, Michael & Jappelli, Tullio, 2012.
"Financial advisors: A case of babysitters?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 509-524.
- Andreas Hackethal & Michael Haliassos & Tullio Jappelli, 2009. "Financial Advisors: A Case of Babysitters?," CSEF Working Papers 219, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 03 Mar 2011.
- Hackethal, Andreas & Haliassos, Michael & Jappelli, Tullio, 2009. "Financial advisors: A case of babysitters?," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Hackethal, Andreas & Haliassos, Michalis & Jappelli, Tullio, 2009. "Financial Advisors: A Case of Babysitters?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7235, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2008. "Trusting the Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(6), pages 2557-2600, December.
- Alex (Sandy) Pentland, 2008. "Honest Signals: How They Shape Our World," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262162563, January.
- Ernst Fehr, 2009.
"On The Economics and Biology of Trust,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 7(2-3), pages 235-266, 04-05.
- Fehr, Ernst, 2008. "On the Economics and Biology of Trust," IZA Discussion Papers 3895, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ernst Fehr, 2009. "On the economics and biology of trust," IEW - Working Papers 399, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ernst Fehr, 2008. "On the Economics and Biology of Trust," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 154, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S Mitchelli, 2007. "Financial Literacy and Retirement Preparedness: Evidence and Implications for Financial Education," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 42(1), pages 35-44, January.
- Roman Inderst & Marco Ottaviani, 2009. "Misselling through Agents," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 883-908, June.
- Pelligra, Vittorio, 2010.
"Trust responsiveness. On the dynamics of fiduciary interactions,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 653-660, December.
- V. Pelligra, 2006. "Trust Responsiveness: On the Dynamics of Fiduciary Interactions," Working Paper CRENoS 200615, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Luigi Guiso, 2010.
"A Trust-driven Financial Crisis.Implications for the Future of Financial Markets,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
1006, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Mar 2010.
- Corsetti, Giancarlo & Devereux, Michael P. & Guiso, Luigi & Hassler, John & Saint-Paul, Gilles & Sinn, Hans-Werner & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Vives, Xavier, 2010. "A trust-driven financial crisis. Implications for the future of financial markets," Munich Reprints in Economics 20109, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Berg, Nathan & Hoffrage, Ulrich, 2008. "Rational ignoring with unbounded cognitive capacity," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 792-809, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Loock, Moritz & Hinnen, Gieri, 2015. "Heuristics in organizations: A review and a research agenda," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 2027-2036.
- C. E. Jager, 2017. "A Question of Trust: the Pursuit of Consumer Trust in the Financial Sector by Means of EU Legislation," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 25-49, March.
More about this item
KeywordsTrust; Delegation; Advice-taking; Heuristic; Non-expert; Financial literacy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:67:y:2014:i:8:p:1749-1757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.