The effects of visual rejuvenation through brand logos
This research investigates the phenomenon of brand revitalization by exploring the effects of logo similarity and type of logo on brand modernity and brand loyalty. An experiment involving 385 respondents shows that logo redesign affects the perception of brand modernity. The proposed model highlights the importance of certain logo characteristics in explaining logo attitude and demonstrating the effects on brand modernity, brand attitude, and finally, brand loyalty. Results contribute to filling the gap of existing theory in this research field.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ewing, Michael T. & Jevons, Colin P. & Khalil, Elias L., 2009. "Brand death: A developmental model of senescence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 332-338, March.
- Bloch, Peter H & Brunel, Frederic F & Arnold, Todd J, 2003. " Individual Differences in the Centrality of Visual Product Aesthetics: Concept and Measurement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 551-65, March.
- Martínez Salinas, Eva & Pina Pérez, José Miguel, 2009. "Modeling the brand extensions' influence on brand image," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 50-60, January.
- Aaker, Jennifer & Benet-Martinez, Veronica & Garolera, Jordi, 2001. "Consumption Symbols as Carriers of Culture: A Study of Japanese and Spanish Brand Personality Constructs," Research Papers 1668r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Stayman, Douglas M & Deshpande, Rohit, 1989. " Situational Ethnicity and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 361-71, December.
- Holbrook, Morris B, 1993. " Nostalgia and Consumption Preferences: Some Emerging Patterns of Consumer Tastes," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 245-56, September.
- Milas, Goran & Mlacic, Boris, 2007. "Brand personality and human personality: Findings from ratings of familiar Croatian brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 620-626, June.
- Bosnjak, Michael & Bratko, Denis & Galesic, Mirta & Tuten, Tracy, 2007. "Consumer personality and individual differences: Revitalizing a temporarily abandoned field," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 587-589, June.
- Holbrook, Morris B, et al, 1984. " Play as a Consumption Experience: The Roles of Emotions, Performance, and Personality in the Enjoyment of Games," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 728-39, September.
- Fournier, Susan, 1998. " Consumers and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 343-73, March.
- Merrilees, Bill, 2005. "Radical Brand Evolution: A Case-Based Framework," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 201-210, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:66:y:2013:i:1:p:82-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.