The effects of visual rejuvenation through brand logos
This research investigates the phenomenon of brand revitalization by exploring the effects of logo similarity and type of logo on brand modernity and brand loyalty. An experiment involving 385 respondents shows that logo redesign affects the perception of brand modernity. The proposed model highlights the importance of certain logo characteristics in explaining logo attitude and demonstrating the effects on brand modernity, brand attitude, and finally, brand loyalty. Results contribute to filling the gap of existing theory in this research field.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ewing, Michael T. & Jevons, Colin P. & Khalil, Elias L., 2009. "Brand death: A developmental model of senescence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 332-338, March.
- Holbrook, Morris B, et al, 1984. " Play as a Consumption Experience: The Roles of Emotions, Performance, and Personality in the Enjoyment of Games," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(2), pages 728-39, September.
- Martínez Salinas, Eva & Pina Pérez, José Miguel, 2009. "Modeling the brand extensions' influence on brand image," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 50-60, January.
- Pankaj Aggarwal & Ann L. McGill, 2007. "Is That Car Smiling at Me? Schema Congruity as a Basis for Evaluating Anthropomorphized Products," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(4), pages 468-479, 06.
- Fournier, Susan, 1998. " Consumers and Their Brands: Developing Relationship Theory in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(4), pages 343-73, March.
- Stayman, Douglas M & Deshpande, Rohit, 1989. " Situational Ethnicity and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 361-71, December.
- Aaker, Jennifer & Benet-Martinez, Veronica & Garolera, Jordi, 2001. "Consumption Symbols as Carriers of Culture: A Study of Japanese and Spanish Brand Personality Constructs," Research Papers 1668r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Milas, Goran & Mlacic, Boris, 2007. "Brand personality and human personality: Findings from ratings of familiar Croatian brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 620-626, June.
- Bosnjak, Michael & Bratko, Denis & Galesic, Mirta & Tuten, Tracy, 2007. "Consumer personality and individual differences: Revitalizing a temporarily abandoned field," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 587-589, June.
- Merrilees, Bill, 2005. "Radical Brand Evolution: A Case-Based Framework," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 201-210, June.
- Holbrook, Morris B, 1993. " Nostalgia and Consumption Preferences: Some Emerging Patterns of Consumer Tastes," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(2), pages 245-56, September.
- Bloch, Peter H & Brunel, Frederic F & Arnold, Todd J, 2003. " Individual Differences in the Centrality of Visual Product Aesthetics: Concept and Measurement," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(4), pages 551-65, March.
- Sirgy, M Joseph, 1982. " Self-Concept in Consumer Behavior: A Critical Review," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(3), pages 287-300, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:66:y:2013:i:1:p:82-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.