Customers acting badly: Evidence from the hospitality industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Al-Khatib, Jamal A. & Malshe, Avinash & AbdulKader, Mazen, 2008. "Perception of unethical negotiation tactics: A comparative study of US and Saudi managers," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 78-102, February.
- Berry, Leonard L. & Seiders, Kathleen, 2008. "Serving unfair customers," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 29-37.
- Funches, Venessa & Markley, Melissa & Davis, Lenita, 2009. "Reprisal, retribution and requital: Investigating customer retaliation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 231-238, February.
- Strutton, David & Vitell, Scott J. & Pelton, Lou E., 1994. "How consumers may justify inappropriate behavior in market settings: An application on the techniques of neutralization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 253-260, July.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Lambert, Zarrel V., 1981. "Profiling demographic characteristics of alienated consumers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 65-86, March.
- Kallis, M. Jeffery & Vanier, Dinoo J., 1985. "Consumer shoplifting: Orientations and deterrents," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 459-473.
- Richins, Marsha L, 1983. " An Analysis of Consumer Interaction Styles in the Marketplace," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 73-82, June.
- Fullerton, R. A. & Punj, G., 2004. "Repercussions of promoting an ideology of consumption: consumer misbehavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(11), pages 1239-1249, November.
- Shanahan, Kevin J. & Hyman, Michael R., 2010. "Motivators and enablers of SCOURing: A study of online piracy in the US and UK," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 1095-1102, September.
- Faber, Ronald J & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 1992. " A Clinical Screener for Compulsive Buying," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 459-469, December.
- Mulki, Jay Prakash & Jaramillo, Fernando & Locander, William B., 2006. "Emotional exhaustion and organizational deviance: Can the right job and a leader's style make a difference?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(12), pages 1222-1230, November.
- Andrew John & Jill Klein, 2003. "The Boycott Puzzle: Consumer Motivations for Purchase Sacrifice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(9), pages 1196-1209, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jin Ho Jung & Jay Jaewon Yoo, 2017. "Customer-to-customer interactions on customer citizenship behavior," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(1), pages 117-139, March.
- Mateja Kos Koklic & Monika Kukar-Kinney & Irena Vida, 2016. "Three-Level Mechanism of Consumer Digital Piracy: Development and Cross-Cultural Validation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 15-27, March.
- Currie, Graham & Delbosc, Alexa, 2017. "An empirical model for the psychology of deliberate and unintentional fare evasion," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 21-29.
- Delbosc, Alexa & Currie, Graham, 2016. "Cluster analysis of fare evasion behaviours in Melbourne, Australia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 29-36.
- Wensley, Anthony K.P. & Navarro, Juan Gabriel Cegarra, 2015. "Overcoming knowledge loss through the utilization of an unlearning context," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 1563-1569.
More about this item
KeywordsCustomer misbehavior Dysfunctional customer behavior Past misbehavior Behavioral intention Personality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:10:p:1034-1042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .