La vengeance du consommateur insatisfait sur Internet et l'effet sur les attitudes des autres consommateurs
This doctoral research focuses on the phenomenon of dissatisfied consumers revenge on the Internet and the effect of this action on other consumers attitudes. Two qualitative studies and three experiments were performed. The results show that the dissatisfied consumer revenge on the Internet is widely approved and it adversely affects brand attitude. Individuals exposed to a revenge on the Web, show feelings of empathy and admiration for the avenger and his action. The good news for brands is that there are ways to counteract this effect.
|This book is provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/11827 and published in 2013.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.dauphine.fr/en/welcome.html|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oliver, Richard L & Swan, John E, 1989. " Equity and Disconfirmation Perceptions as Influences on Merchant and Product Satisfaction," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 372-383, December.
- Zourrig, Haithem & Chebat, Jean-Charles & Toffoli, Roy, 2009. "Consumer revenge behavior: A cross-cultural perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(10), pages 995-1001, October.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Wiseman, David B. & Levin, Irwin P., 1996. "Comparing Risky Decision Making Under Conditions of Real and Hypothetical Consequences," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 241-250, June.
- Oliver, Richard L & DeSarbo, Wayne S, 1988. " Response Determinants in Satisfaction Judgments," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(4), pages 495-507, March.
- Funches, Venessa & Markley, Melissa & Davis, Lenita, 2009. "Reprisal, retribution and requital: Investigating customer retaliation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 231-238, February.
- Lee, Michael S.W. & Motion, Judith & Conroy, Denise, 2009. "Anti-consumption and brand avoidance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 169-180, February.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Goodwin, Cathy & Ross, Ivan, 1992. "Consumer responses to service failures: Influence of procedural and interactional fairness perceptions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 149-163, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/654 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zeelenberg, M. & Pieters, R., 2004. "Beyond valence in customer dissatisfaction : A review and new findings on behavioral responses to regret and disappointment in failed services," Other publications TiSEM 7bfb4aa9-cba7-4786-850d-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ahluwalia, Rohini, 2002. " How Prevalent Is the Negativity Effect in Consumer Environments?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 270-279, September.
- Allen, Chris T & Madden, Thomas J, 1985. " A Closer Look at Classical Conditioning," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 301-315, December.
- Pierre Volle & Stéphanie Bour & Anne-Sophie Chaxel, 2007. "La transposition du concept de trahison interpersonnelle aux relations entre marques et clients : réflexions conceptuelles et étude exploratoire," Post-Print halshs-00164826, HAL.
- Peter Boatwright & Suman Basuroy & Wagner Kamakura, 2007. "Reviewing the reviewers: The impact of individual film critics on box office performance," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 401-425, December.
- Katja Gelbrich & Holger Roschk, 2011. "Do complainants appreciate overcompensation? A meta-analysis on the effect of simple compensation vs. overcompensation on post-complaint satisfaction," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 31-47, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1272 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zeelenberg, Marcel & Pieters, Rik, 2004. "Beyond valence in customer dissatisfaction: A review and new findings on behavioral responses to regret and disappointment in failed services," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 445-455, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dau:thesis:123456789/11827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.