La vengeance du consommateur insatisfait sur Internet et l'effet sur les attitudes des autres consommateurs
- Le Nagard, Emmanuelle
This doctoral research focuses on the phenomenon of dissatisfied consumers revenge on the Internet and the effect of this action on other consumers attitudes. Two qualitative studies and three experiments were performed. The results show that the dissatisfied consumer revenge on the Internet is widely approved and it adversely affects brand attitude. Individuals exposed to a revenge on the Web, show feelings of empathy and admiration for the avenger and his action. The good news for brands is that there are ways to counteract this effect.
|This book is provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/11827 and published in 2013.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.dauphine.fr/en/welcome.html|
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katja Gelbrich & Holger Roschk, 2011. "Do complainants appreciate overcompensation? A meta-analysis on the effect of simple compensation vs. overcompensation on post-complaint satisfaction," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 31-47, March.
- Chaxel, Anne-Sophie & Bour, Stéphanie & Volle, Pierre, 2007. "La transposition du concept de trahison interpersonnelle aux relations entre marques et clients : réflexions conceptuelles et étude exploratoire," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1272, Paris Dauphine University.
- Goodwin, Cathy & Ross, Ivan, 1992. "Consumer responses to service failures: Influence of procedural and interactional fairness perceptions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 149-163, September.
- Zourrig, Haithem & Chebat, Jean-Charles & Toffoli, Roy, 2009. "Consumer revenge behavior: A cross-cultural perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(10), pages 995-1001, October.
- Herr, Paul M & Kardes, Frank R & Kim, John, 1991. " Effects of Word-of-Mouth and Product-Attribute Information on Persuasion: An Accessibility-Diagnosticity Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 454-62, March.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Duncan J. Watts & Peter Sheridan Dodds, 2007. "Influentials, Networks, and Public Opinion Formation," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(4), pages 441-458, 05.
- Oliver, Richard L & Swan, John E, 1989. " Equity and Disconfirmation Perceptions as Influences on Merchant and Product Satisfaction," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 372-83, December.
- Allen, Chris T & Madden, Thomas J, 1985. " A Closer Look at Classical Conditioning," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(3), pages 301-15, December.
- Pras, Bernard & Evrard, Yves & Roux, Elyette, 2003. "Market : études et recherches en marketing," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/654, Paris Dauphine University.
- Zeelenberg, Marcel & Pieters, Rik, 2004. "Beyond valence in customer dissatisfaction: A review and new findings on behavioral responses to regret and disappointment in failed services," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(4), pages 445-455, April.
- Zeelenberg, M. & Pieters, R., 2004. "Beyond valence in customer dissatisfaction : A review and new findings on behavioral responses to regret and disappointment in failed services," Other publications TiSEM 7bfb4aa9-cba7-4786-850d-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Pierre Volle & Stéphanie Bour & Anne-Sophie Chaxel, 2007. "La transposition du concept de trahison interpersonnelle aux relations entre marques et clients : réflexions conceptuelles et étude exploratoire," Post-Print halshs-00164826, HAL.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Oliver, Richard L & DeSarbo, Wayne S, 1988. " Response Determinants in Satisfaction Judgments," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(4), pages 495-507, March.
- Funches, Venessa & Markley, Melissa & Davis, Lenita, 2009. "Reprisal, retribution and requital: Investigating customer retaliation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 231-238, February.
- Wiseman, David B. & Levin, Irwin P., 1996. "Comparing Risky Decision Making Under Conditions of Real and Hypothetical Consequences," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 241-250, June.
- Lee, Michael S.W. & Motion, Judith & Conroy, Denise, 2009. "Anti-consumption and brand avoidance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 169-180, February.
- Peter Boatwright & Suman Basuroy & Wagner Kamakura, 2007. "Reviewing the reviewers: The impact of individual film critics on box office performance," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 401-425, December.
- Ahluwalia, Rohini, 2002. " How Prevalent Is the Negativity Effect in Consumer Environments?," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 270-79, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dau:thesis:123456789/11827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed