Do complainants appreciate overcompensation? A meta-analysis on the effect of simple compensation vs. overcompensation on post-complaint satisfaction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Kent B. Monroe, 1971. "The Information Content of Prices: A Preliminary Model for Estimating Buyer Response," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(8), pages 519-532, April.
- Webster, Cynthia & Sundaram, D. S., 1998. "Service consumption criticality in failure recovery," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 153-159, February.
- Goodwin, Cathy & Ross, Ivan, 1992. "Consumer responses to service failures: Influence of procedural and interactional fairness perceptions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 149-163, September.
- Johnson, Michael D & Anderson, Eugene W & Fornell, Claes, 1995. " Rational and Adaptive Performance Expectations in a Customer Satisfaction Framework," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(4), pages 695-707, March.
- Gilly, Mary C & Gelb, Betsy D, 1982. " Post-Purchase Consumer Processes and the Complaining Consumer," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 323-328, December.
- Fern, Edward F & Monroe, Kent B, 1996. " Effect-Size Estimates: Issues and Problems in Interpretation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 89-105, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Passos, Gisèle, 2013. "La vengeance du consommateur insatisfait sur Internet et l'effet sur les attitudes des autres consommateurs," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/11827 edited by Le Nagard, Emmanuelle.
- Gelbrich, Katja & Gäthke, Jana & Grégoire, Yany, 2016. "How a firm's best versus normal customers react to compensation after a service failure," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 4331-4339.
- Pierre-Nicolas Schwab, 2015. "Online complaint handling practices: Company strategies and their effects upon post-complaint satisfaction," Working Papers CEB 15-005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Haesevoets, Tessa & Van Hiel, Alain & Reinders Folmer, Chris & De Cremer, David, 2014. "What money can’t buy: The psychology of financial overcompensation," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 83-95.
- Jimmy Wong & Joshua D. Newton & Fiona J. Newton, 2016. "Powerlessness following service failure and its implications for service recovery," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 63-75, March.
- Pierre-Nicolas Schwab & Sandra Rothenberger, 2015. "Online Complaint Handling: The Effects of Politeness and Grammaticality upon Perceived Professionalism and Loyalty," Working Papers CEB 15-015, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Yu-Li Lin & Hsiu-Wen Liu & Phuoc-Thi Ngo, 2016. "Silence is not Golden: The Effects of Prohibitive Voice on Customer Citizenship Behaviors," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(9), pages 24-33, September.
- Tessa Haesevoets & Alain Van Hiel & Mario Pandelaere & Dries H. Bostyn & David De Cremer, 2017. "How much compensation is too much? An investigation of the effectiveness of financial overcompensation as a means to enhance customer loyalty," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 12(2), pages 183-197, March.
- Holger Roschk & Susanne Kaiser, 2013. "The nature of an apology: An experimental study on how to apologize after a service failure," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 293-309, September.
- repec:spr:svcbiz:v:11:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11628-016-0328-z is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsService recovery; Compensation; Meta-analysis; Consumer behavior; Consumer satisfaction; Complaint management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:22:y:2011:i:1:p:31-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.