Americans' Choice of Domestic over Foreign Products: A Matter of Helping Behavior?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Erickson, Gary M & Johansson, Johny K & Chao, Paul, 1984. " Image Variables in Multi-Attribute Product Evaluations: Country-of-Origin Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 694-699, September.
- C Min Han & Vern Terpstra, 1988. "Country-Of-Origin Effects for Uni-National and Bi-National Products," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(2), pages 235-255, June.
- Warren J Bilkey & Erik Nes, 1982. "Country-of-Origin Effects on Product Evaluations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 13(1), pages 89-100, March.
- Patrick Heaven & Chris Stones & Coen Bester, 1986. "Attitudes toward a South African Liberation Movement," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 30(3), pages 487-496, September.
- Hong, Sung-Tai & Wyer, Robert S, Jr, 1989. " Effects of Country-of-Origin and Product-Attribute Information on Product Evaluation: An Information Processing Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 175-187, September.
- Geert Hofstede, 1983. "The Cultural Relativity of Organizational Practices and Theories," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 14(2), pages 75-89, June.
- Philippe J Cattin & Alain Jolibert & Colleen Lohnes, 1982. "A Cross-Cultural Study of “Made in” Concepts," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 13(3), pages 131-141, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoo, Boonghee & Lee, Seung-Hee, 2012. "Asymmetrical effects of past experiences with genuine fashion luxury brands and their counterfeits on purchase intention of each," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1507-1515.
- Liza Rybina & James Reardon & Janet Humphrey, 2010. "Patriotism, Cosmopolitanism, Consumer Ethnocentrism and Purchase Behavior in Kazakhstan," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 1(2).
- Chau-kiu Cheung & Xiao Yue, 2013. "Sustaining Resilience Through Local Connectedness Among Sojourn Students," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 111(3), pages 785-800, May.
- K. Patrick & A. Ladipo & Solomon A. Agada, 2016. "The Effects of Brand Perception in the Purchase of “Made in Italy” and “Made in China” Fashion Products in Nigeria," Economics and Management Research Projects: An International Journal, Open Access International Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1-8, December.
- Luomala, Harri T., 2007. "Exploring the role of food origin as a source of meanings for consumers and as a determinant of consumers' actual food choices," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 122-129, February.
- Dmitrovic, Tanja & Vida, Irena & Reardon, James, 2009. "Purchase behavior in favor of domestic products in the West Balkans," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 523-535, October.
- Liu, Chia-ying & Chang, Juin-jen, 2011. "Keeping up with the Joneses, consumer ethnocentrism, and optimal taxation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1519-1525, July.
- Chau-kiu Cheung, 2015. "Normative Influences on Civility in Hong Kong," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 229-246, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:43:y:1998:i:1:p:39-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.