The dynamics of operational loss clustering
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gaspar, Raquel M. & Schmidt, Thorsten, 2005. "Quadratic Portfolio Credit Risk models with Shot-noise Effects," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 616, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Turan G. Bali & Panayiotis Theodossiou, 2008. "Risk Measurement Performance of Alternative Distribution Functions," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(2), pages 411-437.
- Jarrow, Robert A., 2008. "Operational risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 870-879, May.
- Mark Carey & René M. Stulz, 2007.
"The Risks of Financial Institutions,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number care06-1, October.
- Carey, Mark & Stulz, Rene M., 2005. "The Risks of Financial Institutions," Working Paper Series 2005-13, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Mark Carey & Rene M. Stulz, 2005. "The Risks of Financial Institutions," NBER Working Papers 11442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rustam Ibragimov & Johan Walden, 2006. "The Limits of Diversification When Losses May Be Large," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2104, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rosenberg, Joshua V. & Schuermann, Til, 2006.
"A general approach to integrated risk management with skewed, fat-tailed risks,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 569-614, March.
- Joshua V. Rosenberg & Til Schuermann, 2004. "A general approach to integrated risk management with skewed, fat-tailed risks," Staff Reports 185, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- de Fontnouvelle, Patrick & Dejesus-Rueff, Virginia & Jordan, John S. & Rosengren, Eric S., 2006.
"Capital and Risk: New Evidence on Implications of Large Operational Losses,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(7), pages 1819-1846, October.
- Patrick de Fontnouvelle & Virginia DeJesus-Rueff & John S. Jordan & Eric S. Rosengren, 2003. "Capital and risk: new evidence on implications of large operational losses," Working Papers 03-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Marco Moscadelli, 2004. "The modelling of operational risk: experience with the analysis of the data collected by the Basel Committee," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 517, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Chavez-Demoulin, V. & Embrechts, P. & Neslehova, J., 2006. "Quantitative models for operational risk: Extremes, dependence and aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2635-2658, October.
- Allen, Linda & Bali, Turan G., 2007. "Cyclicality in catastrophic and operational risk measurements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1191-1235, April.
- Dassios, Angelos & Jang, Jiwook, 2003. "Pricing of catastrophe reinsurance and derivatives using the Cox process with shot noise intensity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2849, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kabir Dutta & Jason Perry, 2006. "A tale of tails: an empirical analysis of loss distribution models for estimating operational risk capital," Working Papers 06-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:applec:v:50:y:2018:i:8:p:920-933 is not listed on IDEAS
- Biell, Lis & Muller, Aline, 2013. "Sudden crash or long torture: The timing of market reactions to operational loss events," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2628-2638.
- Al-Amri, Khalid & Davydov, Yevgeniy, 2016. "Testing the effectiveness of ERM: Evidence from operational losses," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 70-82.
- Dahen, Hela & Dionne, Georges, 2010.
"Scaling models for the severity and frequency of external operational loss data,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1484-1496, July.
- Hela Dahen & Georges Dionne, 2007. "Scaling Models for the Severity and Frequency of External Operational Loss Data," Cahiers de recherche 0702, CIRPEE.
- Wang, Tawei & Hsu, Carol, 2013. "Board composition and operational risk events of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2042-2051.
- Chang, Carolyn W. & Chang, Jack S.K. & Lu, WeLi, 2010. "Pricing catastrophe options with stochastic claim arrival intensity in claim time," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 24-32, January.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Soana, Maria-Gaia & Schwizer, Paola, 2013. "The determinants of reputational risk in the banking sector," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1359-1371.
- Dominique Guegan & Bertrand K. Hassani, 2012.
"Using a time series approach to correct serial correlation in Operational Risk capital calculation,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
12091r, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised May 2013.
- Dominique Guegan & Bertrand Hassani, 2013. "Using a time series approach to correct serial correlation in operational risk capital calculation," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00771387, HAL.
- Gillet, Roland & Hübner, Georges & Plunus, Séverine, 2010.
"Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 224-235, January.
- Roland Gillet & Georges Hübner & Séverine Plunus, 2010. "Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142646, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsOperational risk Basel II Shot noise Cox process Aggregate loss;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:32:y:2008:i:12:p:2655-2666. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.