Risk Measurement Performance of Alternative Distribution Functions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert A. Jones & Christophe Pérignon, 2013. "Derivatives Clearing, Default Risk, and Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 80(2), pages 373-400, June.
- Karmakar, Madhusudan, 2013. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures in the Indian stock market: An extreme value approach," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 79-85.
- Ramon Alemany & Catalina Bolance & Montserrat Guillen, 2014. "Accounting for severity of risk when pricing insurance products," Working Papers 2014-05, Universitat de Barcelona, UB Riskcenter.
- Chernobai, Anna & Yildirim, Yildiray, 2008. "The dynamics of operational loss clustering," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2655-2666, December.
- Stanislav Anatolyev & Dmitry Shakin, 2007.
"Trade intensity in the Russian stock market: dynamics, distribution and determinants,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 87-104.
- Stanislav Anatolyev & Dmitry Shakin, 2006. "Trade intensity in the Russian stock market:dynamics, distribution and determinants," Working Papers w0070, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Martin Eling & Denis Toplek, 2009. "Modeling and Management of Nonlinear Dependencies-Copulas in Dynamic Financial Analysis," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(3), pages 651-681.
- Lönnbark, Carl & Holmberg, Ulf & Brännäs, Kurt, 2011. "Value at Risk and Expected Shortfall for large portfolios," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 59-68, June.
- repec:eee:revfin:v:35:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calluzzo, Paul & Dong, Gang Nathan, 2015. "Has the financial system become safer after the crisis? The changing nature of financial institution risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 233-248.
- Marie-Anne Cam & Vikash Ramiah, 2014. "The influence of systematic risk factors and econometric adjustments in catastrophic event studies," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 171-189, February.
- Li, Yunxian & Tang, Niansheng & Jiang, Xuejun, 2016. "Bayesian approaches for analyzing earthquake catastrophic risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 110-119.
- Wang, Zijun, 2012. "The causal structure of bond yields," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 93-102.
- Shi, Peng & Frees, Edward W., 2010. "Long-tail longitudinal modeling of insurance company expenses," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 303-314, December.
- James Hansen & James McDonald & Panayiotis Theodossiou & Brad Larsen, 2010. "Partially Adaptive Econometric Methods For Regression and Classification," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 36(2), pages 153-169, August.
- Holmberg, Ulf, 2012. "Essays on Credit Markets and Banking," Umeå Economic Studies 840, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Del Brio, Esther B. & Mora-Valencia, Andrés & Perote, Javier, 2014. "Semi-nonparametric VaR forecasts for hedge funds during the recent crisis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 401(C), pages 330-343.
- Del Brio, Esther B. & Mora-Valencia, Andrés & Perote, Javier, 2014. "VaR performance during the subprime and sovereign debt crises: An application to emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 23-41.
- Pilar Abad Romero & Sonia Benito Muela & Miguel Angel Sánchez Granero & Carmen López, 2013. "Evaluating the performance of the skewed distributions to forecast Value at Risk in the Global Financial Crisis," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-40, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Carole Toque & Virginie Terraza, 2014. "Histogram-valued data on value at risk measures: a symbolic approach for risk attribution," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(17), pages 1243-1251, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jrinsu:v:75:y:2008:i:2:p:411-437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ariaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.