Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gillet, Roland & Hübner, Georges & Plunus, Séverine, 2010. "Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 224-235, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Skantz, Terrance R & Cloninger, Dale O & Strickland, Thomas H, 1990. "Price-Fixing and Shareholder Returns: An Empirical Study," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 153-163, February.
- Goddard, John & Molyneux, Philip & Wilson, John O.S. & Tavakoli, Manouche, 2007. "European banking: An overview," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1911-1935, July.
- Chernobai, Anna & Yildirim, Yildiray, 2008. "The dynamics of operational loss clustering," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2655-2666, December.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2006. "Bank concentration, competition, and crises: First results," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1581-1603, May.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009.
"Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: Empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1299-1311, July.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009. "Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: empirical evidence," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 02/2009, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Stonham, Paul, 1996. "Whatever happened at barings? Part two: Unauthorised trading and the failure of controls," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 269-278, June.
- Reichert, Alan K & Lockett, Michael & Rao, Ramesh P, 1996. "The Impact of Illegal Business Practice on Shareholder Returns," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(1), pages 67-85, February.
- Palmrose, Zoe-Vonna & Richardson, Vernon J. & Scholz, Susan, 2004. "Determinants of market reactions to restatement announcements," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 59-89, February.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M & Lott, John R, Jr, 1993. "The Reputational Penalty Firms Bear from Committing Criminal Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 757-802, October.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Rai, Anoop, 1996. "The structure-performance relationship for European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 745-771, May.
- Allen, Linda & Bali, Turan G., 2007. "Cyclicality in catastrophic and operational risk measurements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1191-1235, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eckert, Christian & Gatzert, Nadine, 2017. "Modeling operational risk incorporating reputation risk: An integrated analysis for financial firms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 122-137.
- Roxana HERGHILIGIU & Vasile COCRIȘ, 2014. "Reputational And Operational Risks In European Banks," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 4, pages 575-578, July.
- Nadine Gatzert & Joan T. Schmit & Andreas Kolb, 2016. "Assessing the Risks of Insuring Reputation Risk," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(3), pages 641-679, September.
- Biell, Lis & Muller, Aline, 2013. "Sudden crash or long torture: The timing of market reactions to operational loss events," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2628-2638.
- Al-Amri, Khalid & Davydov, Yevgeniy, 2016. "Testing the effectiveness of ERM: Evidence from operational losses," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 70-82.
- Barakat, Ahmed & Chernobai, Anna & Wahrenburg, Mark, 2014. "Information asymmetry around operational risk announcements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 152-179.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Molyneux, Phil, 2010. "The determinants of shareholder value in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1189-1200, June.
- Dahen, Hela & Dionne, Georges, 2010.
"Scaling models for the severity and frequency of external operational loss data,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1484-1496, July.
- Hela Dahen & Georges Dionne, 2007. "Scaling Models for the Severity and Frequency of External Operational Loss Data," Cahiers de recherche 0702, CIRPEE.
- Jose Manuel Feria-Dominguez & Enrique Jimenez-Rodriguez & Ines Merino Fernandez-Galiano, 2013. "Isolating the corporate reputational risk in environmental oil spill disasters," Working Papers 13.02, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Financial Economics and Accounting (former Department of Business Administration).
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Soana, Maria-Gaia & Schwizer, Paola, 2013. "The determinants of reputational risk in the banking sector," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1359-1371.
- Wang, Tawei & Hsu, Carol, 2013. "Board composition and operational risk events of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2042-2051.
- Plunus, Séverine & Gillet, Roland & Hübner, Georges, 2012.
"Reputational damage of operational loss on the bond market: Evidence from the financial industry,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 66-73.
- Séverine Plunus & Roland Gillet & Georges Hübner, 2012. "Reputational damage of operational loss on the bond market: Evidence from the financial industry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142649, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ingo Walter, 2016. "Reputational risks and large international banks," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 30(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Ingo Walter, 2013. "The value of reputational capital and risk in banking and finance," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 205-219.
- Sturm, Philipp, 2013. "Operational and reputational risk in the European banking industry: The market reaction to operational risk events," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 191-206.
- José M. Feria-Domínguez & Enrique Jiménez-Rodríguez & Inés Merino Fdez-Galiano, 2016. "Financial Perceptions on Oil Spill Disasters: Isolating Corporate Reputational Risk," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-15, November.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2717-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Chernobai, Anna & Ozdagli, Ali K. & Wang, Jianlin, 2016. "Business complexity and risk management: evidence from operational risk events in U. S. bank holding companies," Working Papers 16-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
More about this item
KeywordsEvent study; Operational risk; Reputational risk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulb:ulbeco:2013/142646. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecsulbe.html .