Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Roland Gillet & Georges Hübner & Séverine Plunus, 2010. "Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142646, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chernobai, Anna & Yildirim, Yildiray, 2008. "The dynamics of operational loss clustering," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2655-2666, December.
- Stonham, Paul, 1996. "Whatever happened at barings? Part two: Unauthorised trading and the failure of controls," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 269-278, June.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M & Lott, John R, Jr, 1993. "The Reputational Penalty Firms Bear from Committing Criminal Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 757-802, October.
- Skantz, Terrance R & Cloninger, Dale O & Strickland, Thomas H, 1990. "Price-Fixing and Shareholder Returns: An Empirical Study," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 153-163, February.
- Goddard, John & Molyneux, Philip & Wilson, John O.S. & Tavakoli, Manouche, 2007. "European banking: An overview," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1911-1935, July.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2006. "Bank concentration, competition, and crises: First results," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1581-1603, May.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009.
"Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: Empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1299-1311, July.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009. "Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: empirical evidence," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 02/2009, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Reichert, Alan K & Lockett, Michael & Rao, Ramesh P, 1996. "The Impact of Illegal Business Practice on Shareholder Returns," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 31(1), pages 67-85, February.
- Palmrose, Zoe-Vonna & Richardson, Vernon J. & Scholz, Susan, 2004. "Determinants of market reactions to restatement announcements," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 59-89, February.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Rai, Anoop, 1996. "The structure-performance relationship for European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 745-771, May.
- Allen, Linda & Bali, Turan G., 2007. "Cyclicality in catastrophic and operational risk measurements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1191-1235, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eckert, Christian & Gatzert, Nadine, 2017. "Modeling operational risk incorporating reputation risk: An integrated analysis for financial firms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 122-137.
- Roxana HERGHILIGIU & Vasile COCRIȘ, 2014. "Reputational And Operational Risks In European Banks," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 4, pages 575-578, July.
- Nadine Gatzert & Joan T. Schmit & Andreas Kolb, 2016. "Assessing the Risks of Insuring Reputation Risk," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(3), pages 641-679, September.
- Biell, Lis & Muller, Aline, 2013. "Sudden crash or long torture: The timing of market reactions to operational loss events," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2628-2638.
- Al-Amri, Khalid & Davydov, Yevgeniy, 2016. "Testing the effectiveness of ERM: Evidence from operational losses," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 70-82.
- Barakat, Ahmed & Chernobai, Anna & Wahrenburg, Mark, 2014. "Information asymmetry around operational risk announcements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 152-179.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:91:y:2018:i:c:p:106-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Molyneux, Phil, 2010. "The determinants of shareholder value in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1189-1200, June.
- Dahen, Hela & Dionne, Georges, 2010.
"Scaling models for the severity and frequency of external operational loss data,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1484-1496, July.
- Hela Dahen & Georges Dionne, 2007. "Scaling Models for the Severity and Frequency of External Operational Loss Data," Cahiers de recherche 0702, CIRPEE.
- Jose Manuel Feria-Dominguez & Enrique Jimenez-Rodriguez & Ines Merino Fernandez-Galiano, 2013. "Isolating the corporate reputational risk in environmental oil spill disasters," Working Papers 13.02, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Financial Economics and Accounting (former Department of Business Administration).
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Soana, Maria-Gaia & Schwizer, Paola, 2013. "The determinants of reputational risk in the banking sector," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1359-1371.
- Wang, Tawei & Hsu, Carol, 2013. "Board composition and operational risk events of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2042-2051.
- Plunus, Séverine & Gillet, Roland & Hübner, Georges, 2012.
"Reputational damage of operational loss on the bond market: Evidence from the financial industry,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 66-73.
- Séverine Plunus & Roland Gillet & Georges Hübner, 2012. "Reputational damage of operational loss on the bond market: Evidence from the financial industry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142649, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:eee:ijoais:v:13:y:2012:i:4:p:357-381 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ingo Walter, 2016. "Reputational risks and large international banks," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 30(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Ingo Walter, 2013. "The value of reputational capital and risk in banking and finance," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 205-219.
- repec:eee:finana:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:1-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sturm, Philipp, 2013. "Operational and reputational risk in the European banking industry: The market reaction to operational risk events," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 191-206.
- José M. Feria-Domínguez & Enrique Jiménez-Rodríguez & Inés Merino Fdez-Galiano, 2016. "Financial Perceptions on Oil Spill Disasters: Isolating Corporate Reputational Risk," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-15, November.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2717-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Chernobai, Anna & Ozdagli, Ali K. & Wang, Jianlin, 2016. "Business complexity and risk management: evidence from operational risk events in U. S. bank holding companies," Working Papers 16-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
More about this item
KeywordsOperational risk Reputational risk Event study;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:34:y:2010:i:1:p:224-235. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.