Reputational damage of operational loss on the bond market: Evidence from the financial industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Séverine Plunus & Roland Gillet & Georges Hübner, 2012. "Reputational damage of operational loss on the bond market: Evidence from the financial industry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142649, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jack L. King, 2001. "Operational risk: EVT models," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Hand, John R M & Holthausen, Robert W & Leftwich, Richard W, 1992. " The Effect of Bond Rating Agency Announcements on Bond and Stock Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 733-752, June.
- Cook, Douglas O & Easterwood, John C, 1994. " Poison Put Bonds: An Analysis of Their Economic Role," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1905-1920, December.
- Gillet, Roland & Hübner, Georges & Plunus, Séverine, 2010.
"Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 224-235, January.
- Roland Gillet & Georges Hübner & Séverine Plunus, 2010. "Operational risk and reputation in the financial industry," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142646, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Hendrik Bessembinder & Kathleen M. Kahle & William F. Maxwell & Danielle Xu, 2009. "Measuring Abnormal Bond Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4219-4258, October.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2006. "Bank concentration, competition, and crises: First results," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1581-1603, May.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009.
"Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: Empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1299-1311, July.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009. "Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: empirical evidence," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 02/2009, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Amy K. Edwards & Lawrence E. Harris & Michael S. Piwowar, 2007. "Corporate Bond Market Transaction Costs and Transparency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1421-1451, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maul, D. & Schiereck, D., 2016. "The bond event study methodology since 1974," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 80723, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Juan Pineiro-Chousa & Marcos Vizcaíno-González & M. Ángeles López-Cabarcos, 2016. "Reputation, Game Theory and Entrepreneurial Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-13, November.
- Ingo Walter, 2016. "Reputational risks and large international banks," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 30(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Ingo Walter, 2013. "The value of reputational capital and risk in banking and finance," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 205-219.
- Ederington, Louis & Guan, Wei & Yang, Lisa (Zongfei), 2015. "Bond market event study methods," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 281-293.
More about this item
KeywordsOperational risk; Reputational risk; Corporate bonds; Event study;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finana:v:24:y:2012:i:c:p:66-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.