Capital and Risk: New Evidence on Implications of Large Operational Losses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Patrick de Fontnouvelle & Virginia DeJesus-Rueff & John S. Jordan & Eric S. Rosengren, 2003. "Capital and risk: new evidence on implications of large operational losses," Working Papers 03-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
References listed on IDEAS
- Darryll Hendricks, 1996. "Evaluation of value-at-risk models using historical data," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 2(Apr), pages 39-69.
- Jeremy Berkowitz & James O'Brien, 2002. "How Accurate Are Value-at-Risk Models at Commercial Banks?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1093-1111, June.
- Eva Catarineu-Rabell & Patricia Jackson & Dimitrios P. Tsomocos, "undated". "Procyclicality and the New Basel Accord: banks' choice of loan rating system," Conference Series ; [Proceedings] y:2002:x:2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Matthew Pritsker, 1997. "Evaluating Value at Risk Methodologies: Accuracy versus Computational Time," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 201-242, October.
- Christopher James, 1996. "RAROC Based Capital Budgeting and Performance Evaluation: A Case Study of Bank Capital Allocation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-40, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Mark Carey, 1998. "Credit Risk in Private Debt Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1363-1387, August.
- Con Keating & Hyun Song Shin & Charles Goodhart & Jon Danielsson, 2001. "An Academic Response to Basel II," FMG Special Papers sp130, Financial Markets Group.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Xavier Gabaix, 1999. "Zipf's Law for Cities: An Explanation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 739-767.
- Beverly Hirtle, 2003. "What market risk capital reporting tells us about bank risk," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Sep, pages 37-54.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Operational Risk and Financial Stability
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2017-09-18 16:56:01
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Brown & William Goetzmann & Bing Liang & Christopher Schwarz, 2008.
"Mandatory Disclosure and Operational Risk: Evidence from Hedge Fund Registration,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(6), pages 2785-2815, December.
- Stephen Brown & William Goetzmann & Bing Liang & Christopher Schwarz, 2006. "Mandatory Disclosure and Operational Risk: Evidence from Hedge Fund Registration," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2472, Yale School of Management, revised 11 Sep 2009.
- Azamat Abdymomunov & Atanas Mihov, 2019. "Operational Risk and Risk Management Quality: Evidence from U.S. Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 73-93, August.
- Tyrone Lin & Chia-Chi Lee & Yu-Chuan Kuan, 2013. "The optimal operational risk capital requirement by applying the advanced measurement approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 21(1), pages 85-101, January.
- Lu Wei & Jianping Li & Xiaoqian Zhu, 2018. "Operational Loss Data Collection: A Literature Review," Annals of Data Science, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 313-337, September.
- Linda Allen & Anthony Saunders, 2004. "Incorporating Systemic Influences Into Risk Measurements: A Survey of the Literature," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 26(2), pages 161-191, October.
- Mizgier, Kamil J. & Hora, Manpreet & Wagner, Stephan M. & Jüttner, Matthias P., 2015. "Managing operational disruptions through capital adequacy and process improvement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(1), pages 320-332.
- Ingo Walter, 2013. "The value of reputational capital and risk in banking and finance," International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 205-219.
- Allen, Linda & Bali, Turan G., 2007. "Cyclicality in catastrophic and operational risk measurements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1191-1235, April.
- Suren Pakhchanyan, 2016. "Operational Risk Management in Financial Institutions: A Literature Review," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-21, October.
- Chernobai, Anna & Yildirim, Yildiray, 2008. "The dynamics of operational loss clustering," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2655-2666, December.
- Jianping Li & Xiaoqian Zhu & Cheng-Few Lee & Dengsheng Wu & Jichuang Feng & Yong Shi, 2015. "On the aggregation of credit, market and operational risks," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 161-189, January.
- Daoping Yu & Vytaras Brazauskas, 2017. "Model Uncertainty in Operational Risk Modeling Due to Data Truncation: A Single Risk Case," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(3), pages 1-17, September.
- Financial Systems and Bank Examination Department, 2007. "The Effect of the Choice of the Loss Severity Distribution and the Parameter Estimation Method on Operational Risk Measurement - Analysis Using Sample Data -," Bank of Japan Research Papers 2007-12-26, Bank of Japan.
- Izhar, Hylmun, 2015. "Measuring Operational Risk Exposures In Islamic Banking: A Proposed Measurement Approach," Working Papers 1432-3, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Anna Chernobai & Ali Ozdagli & Jianlin Wang, 2018. "Business Complexity and Risk Management: Evidence from Operational Risk Events in U.S. Bank Holding Companies," 2018 Meeting Papers 1146, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Séverine Plunus & Georges Hübner & Jean-Philippe Peters, 2012. "Measuring operational risk in financial institutions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(18), pages 1553-1569, September.
- Imad Moosa & Larry Li, 2013. "The frequency and severity of operational losses: a cross-country comparison," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 167-172, February.
- Amandha Ganegoda & John Evans, 2014. "A framework to manage the measurable, immeasurable and the unidentifiable financial risk," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 39(1), pages 5-34, February.
- Andrea M. Buffa & Suleyman Basak, 2016. "A Theory of Operational Risk," 2016 Meeting Papers 352, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Shafer, Michael & Yildirim, Yildiray, 2013. "Operational risk and equity prices," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 157-168.
- Anna Chernobai & Ali K. Ozdagli & Jianlin Wang, 2016. "Business complexity and risk management: evidence from operational risk events in U. S. bank holding companies," Working Papers 16-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 01 Oct 2016.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:38:y:2006:i:7:p:1819-1846. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.