Can we prove a bank guilty of creating systemic risk?: a minority report
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jon Danielsson & Kevin R. James & Marcela Valenzuela & Ilknur Zer, 2016. "Can We Prove a Bank Guilty of Creating Systemic Risk? A Minority Report," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(4), pages 795-812, June.
- Danielsson, Jon & James, Kevin R. & Valenzuela, Marcela & Zer, Ilknur, 2016. "Can we prove a bank guilty of creating systemic risk? A minority report," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66721, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy Berkowitz & James O'Brien, 2002. "How Accurate Are Value-at-Risk Models at Commercial Banks?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1093-1111, June.
- Sylvain Benoit & Gilbert Colletaz & Christophe Hurlin & Christophe Pérignon, 2013. "A Theoretical and Empirical Comparison of Systemic Risk Measures," Working Papers halshs-00746272, HAL.
- Daníelsson, Jón, 2008. "Blame the models," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 321-328, December.
- Dimitrios Bisias & Mark Flood & Andrew W. Lo & Stavros Valavanis, 2012. "A Survey of Systemic Risk Analytics," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 255-296, October.
- Darryll Hendricks, 1996. "Evaluation of value-at-risk models using historical data," Proceedings 512, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- López-Espinosa, Germán & Moreno, Antonio & Rubia, Antonio & Valderrama, Laura, 2012.
"Short-term wholesale funding and systemic risk: A global CoVaR approach,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3150-3162.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Short-Term Wholesale Funding and Systemic Risk; A Global Covar Approach," IMF Working Papers 12/46, International Monetary Fund.
- GermÃ¡n LÃ³pez-Espinosa & Antonio Moreno & Antonio Rubia & Laura Valderrama, 2012. "Short-term Wholesale Funding and Systemic Risk: A Global CoVaR Approach," Faculty Working Papers 02/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Idier, Julien & Lamé, Gildas & Mésonnier, Jean-Stéphane, 2014.
"How useful is the Marginal Expected Shortfall for the measurement of systemic exposure? A practical assessment,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 134-146.
- Idier, J. & Lamé, G. & Mésonnier, J S., 2011. "How useful is the Marginal Expected Shortfall for the measurement of systemic exposure? A practical assessment," Working papers 348, Banque de France.
- Idier, Julien & Lamé, Gildas & Mésonnier, Jean-Stéphane, 2013. "How useful is the marginal expected shortfall for the measurement of systemic exposure? A practical assessment," Working Paper Series 1546, European Central Bank.
- Danielsson, Jon, 2002.
"The emperor has no clothes: Limits to risk modelling,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1273-1296, July.
- Jon Danielsson, 2000. "The Emperor has no Clothes: Limits to Risk Modelling," FMG Special Papers sp126, Financial Markets Group.
- Viral Acharya & Robert Engle & Matthew Richardson, 2012. "Capital Shortfall: A New Approach to Ranking and Regulating Systemic Risks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 59-64, May.
- Darryll Hendricks, 1996. "Evaluation of value-at-risk models using historical data," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 39-69.
- Anat Admati & Martin Hellwig, 2013. "The Bankers' New Clothes: What's Wrong with Banking and What to Do about It," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9929.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiara Pederzoli & Costanza Torricelli, 2017.
"Systemic risk measures and macroprudential stress tests: an assessment over the 2014 EBA exercise,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 237-251, August.
- Chiara Pederzoli & Costanza Torricelli, 2015. "Systemic risk measures and macroprudential stress tests. An assessment over the 2014 EBA exercise," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 0054, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:82:y:2018:i:c:p:45-70 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kubitza, Christian & Gründl, Helmut, 2016. "Systemic risk: Time-lags and persistence," ICIR Working Paper Series 20/16, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Tente, Natalia & von Westernhagen, Natalja & Slopek, Ulf, 2017. "M-PRESS-CreditRisk: A holistic micro- and macroprudential approach to capital requirements," Discussion Papers 15/2017, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:kap:annfin:v:14:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10436-018-0326-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danielsson, Jon & James, Kevin R. & Valenzuela, Marcela & Zer, Ilknur, 2016.
"Model risk of risk models,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 79-91.
- Danielsson, Jon & James, Kevin & Valenzuela, Marcela & Zer, Ilknur, 2014. "Model Risk of Risk Models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-34, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Danielsson, Jon & James, Kevin R. & Valenzuela, Marcela & Zer, Ilknur, 2016. "Model risk of risk models," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66365, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Danielsson, Jon & James, Kevin R. & Valenzuela, Marcela & Zer, Ilknur, 2014. "Model risk of risk models," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59296, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jokivuolle, Esa & Tunaru, Radu & Vioto, Davide, 2018. "Testing the systemic risk differences in banks," Research Discussion Papers 13/2018, Bank of Finland.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:34:y:2018:i:3:p:440-455 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSystemic risk; macroprudential policy; financial stability; risk management;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2016-02-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2016-02-23 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MON-2016-02-23 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2016-02-23 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:65097. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.