Robust outlier detection for Asia-Pacific stock index returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Lastrapes, William D, 1990. " Heteroskedasticity in Stock Return Data: Volume versus GARCH Effects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 221-229, March.
- Martens, Martin, 2001. "Forecasting daily exchange rate volatility using intraday returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-730, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- François Longin, 2001. "Extreme Correlation of International Equity Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 649-676, April.
- Soydemir, Gokce A., 2005. "Differences in the price of risk and the resulting response to shocks: an analysis of Asian markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 285-313, October.
- Thierry Ane & Cecile Kharoubi, 2003. "Dependence Structure and Risk Measure," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76(3), pages 411-438, July.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Fernandez-Izquierdo, Angeles & Lafuente, Juan Angel, 2004. "International transmission of stock exchange volatility: Empirical evidence from the Asian crisis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 125-137, August.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael McKenzie & Heather Mitchell, 2002. "Generalized asymmetric power ARCH modelling of exchange rate volatility," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(8), pages 555-564.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1987. "A Conditionally Heteroskedastic Time Series Model for Speculative Prices and Rates of Return," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 542-547, August.
- Tai, Chu-Sheng, 2004. "Looking for risk premium and contagion in Asia-Pacific foreign exchange markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 381-409.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Ghijsels, Hendrik, 1999. "Additive outliers, GARCH and forecasting volatility," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & McKenzie, Michael D. & Mitchell, Heather, 2000. "A multi-country study of power ARCH models and national stock market returns," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 377-397, June.
- Xibin Zhang & Maxwell L. King, 2005. "Influence Diagnostics in Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Processes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 118-129, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- F. Javier Trivez & Beatriz Catalan, 2009. "Detecting level shifts in ARMA-GARCH (1,1) Models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 679-697.
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang K. Härdle & Kiho Jeong, 2010. "Forecasting volatility with support vector machine-based GARCH model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 406-433.
- Behmiri, Niaz Bashiri & Manera, Matteo, 2015.
"The role of outliers and oil price shocks on volatility of metal prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(P2), pages 139-150.
- Niaz Bashiri Behmiri & Matteo Manera, 2015. "The Role of Outliers and Oil Price Shocks on Volatility of Metal Prices," Working Papers 2015.77, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Loredana Ureche-Rangau & Franck Speeg, 2011. "A simple method for variance shift detection at unknown time points," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(3), pages 2204-2218.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:18:y:2008:i:4:p:326-343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.