Public vs. private schooling as a route to universal basic education: A comparison of China and India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Igor Kitaev, 2004. "Efa And Private Education: Some Regional Experiences And Findings," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 27-30, December.
- David P. Baker & Juan Leon & Emily G. Smith Greenaway & John Collins & Marcela Movit, 2011. "The Education Effect on Population Health: A Reassessment," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 37(2), pages 307-332, June.
- Prachi Srivastava, 2010. "Privatization and Education for All: Unravelling the mobilizing frames," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 53(4), pages 522-528, December.
- Tahir Andrabi & Jishnu Das & Asim Ijaz Khwaja, 2015.
"Delivering education: a pragmatic framework for improving education in low-income countries,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of International Development and Education, chapter 6, pages 85-130
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andrabi,Tahir & Das,Jishnu & Khwaja,Asim Ijaz, 2015. "Delivering education : a pragmatic framework for improving education in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7277, The World Bank.
- Lal, Deepak, 1995.
"India and China: Contrasts in economic liberalization?,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1475-1494, September.
- Deepak Lal, 1993. "India and China: Contrasts in Economic Liberalization," UCLA Economics Working Papers 706, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Monazza Aslam, 2009. "The relative effectiveness of government and private schools in Pakistan: are girls worse off?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 329-354.
- Colclough, Christopher, 1996. "Education and the market: Which parts of the neoliberal solution are correct?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 589-610, April.
- Rogers, F. Halsey & Vegas, Emiliana, 2009. "No more cutting class ? reducing teacher absence and providing incentives for performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4847, The World Bank.
- Dreze, Jean & Goyal, Aparajita, 2003. "Future of Mid-Day Meals," MPRA Paper 17386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chudgar, Amita & Quin, Elizabeth, 2012. "Relationship between private schooling and achievement: Results from rural and urban India," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 376-390.
- Mehrotra, S., 1998. "Education for All: Policy Lessons from High-Achieving Countries," Papers 98-005, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Jacques Poot, 2000. "A Synthesis of Empirical Research on the Impact of Government onLong-Run Growth," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 516-546.
- Dreze, Jean & Sen, Amartya, 2002. "India: Development and Participation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199257492.
- Dang, Hai-Anh, 2007. "The determinants and impact of private tutoring classes in Vietnam," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 683-698, December.
- Talan B. İşcan & Daniel Rosenblum & Katie Tinker, 2015. "School Fees and Access to Primary Education: Assessing Four Decades of Policy in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 24(4), pages 559-592.
- Harry Anthony Patrinos & Felipe Barrera-Osorio & Juliana Guaqueta, 2009. "The Role and Impact of Public-Private Partnerships in Education," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2612, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:injoed:v:60:y:2018:i:c:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; China; Privatization; Universal basic education; Millennium development goals;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:injoed:v:46:y:2016:i:c:p:153-165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-journal-of-educational-development .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.