India and China: Contrasts in economic liberalization?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lardy,Nicholas R., 1992. "Foreign Trade and Economic Reform in China," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521414951, Diciembre.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1992. "Macroeconomic control in liberalizing Socialist economies: Asian and European parallels," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 92-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Thomas G. Rawski, 1994. "Enterprise Reform in Chinese Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 47-70, Spring.
- Malenbaum, Wilfred, 1990. "A Gloomy Portrayal of Development Achievements and Prospects: China and India: Review Article," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(2), pages 391-406, January.
- Bhalla, A. S., 1990. "Rural-urban disparities in India and China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1097-1110, August.
- Gyorgy Szapary & Steven V Dunaway & David Burton & Mario I. Bléjer, 1991. "China; Economic Reform and Macroeconomic Management," IMF Occasional Papers 76, International Monetary Fund.
- Rosen, George, 1990. "India and China: Perspectives on contrasting styles of economic reform," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 273-290.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633, April.
- Mohammad, Sharif & Whalley, John, 1984. "Rent Seeking in India: Its Costs and Policy Significance," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 387-413.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1995.
"The Needham Puzzle: Why the Industrial Revolution Did Not Originate in China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 269-292, January.
- Justin Yifu Lin, 1992. "The Needham Puzzle: Why the Industrial Revolution Did Not Originate in China," UCLA Economics Working Papers 650, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Dwight H. Perkins, 1994. "Completing China's Move to the Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 23-46, Spring.
- Desai, Padma, 1975. "China and India: Development during the Last 25 Years: Discussion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 365-368, May.
- Jefferson, Gary H & Rawski, Thomas G & Yuxin, Zheng, 1992. "Growth, Efficiency, and Convergence in China's State and Collective Industry," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 239-266, January.
- Lal, Deepak, 1987. "The Political Economy of Economic Liberalization," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 273-299, January.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Byung-Kun Rhee & Changyong Rhee, 1994. "Are There Cultural Effects on Saving? Some Cross-Sectional Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 685-699.
- Richman, Barry, 1975. "Chinese and Indian Development: An Interdisciplinary Environmental Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 345-355, May.
- Shahid Yusuf, 1994. "China's Macroeconomic Performance and Management during Transition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 71-92, Spring.
- Greif, Avner, 1994. "Cultural Beliefs and the Organization of Society: A Historical and Theoretical Reflection on Collectivist and Individualist Societies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 912-950, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)