Rent Seeking in India: Its Costs and Policy Significance
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Mbaku & Chris Paul, 1989. "Political instability in Africa: A rent-seeking approach," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 63(1), pages 63-72, October.
- K.P. Kannan & N. Vijayamohanan Pillai, 2001. "The political economy of public utilities: A study of the power sector," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 316, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Arye L. Hillman & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2016. "Where are the rent seekers?," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 124-141, June.
- Lal, Deepak, 1995.
"India and China: Contrasts in economic liberalization?,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1475-1494, September.
- Deepak Lal, 1993. "India and China: Contrasts in Economic Liberalization," UCLA Economics Working Papers 706, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Svensson, J, 1996.
"Collusion Among Interest Groups : Foreign Aid and Rent-Dissipation,"
610, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, Jakob, 1997. "Collusion Among Interest Grops: Foreign Aid and Rent Dissipation," Seminar Papers 610, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Simon P. Anderson & Jacob K. Goeree & Charles A. Holt, 1998. "Rent Seeking with Bounded Rationality: An Analysis of the All-Pay Auction," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(4), pages 828-853, August.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:12:y:2006:i:2:p:241-250 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexei Izyumov & John Vahaly, 2014. "Rent-Based Exploitation: Top, Bottom and Horizontal," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 74-81, February.
- Shyam Kamath, 1988. "Partially suppressed markets: Controls, rent seeking and the cost of protection in the indian sugar industry," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 124(1), pages 140-160, March.
- Shah, Anwar & Whalley, John, 1990.
"An alternative view of tax incidence analysis for developing countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
462, The World Bank.
- Anwar Shah & John Whalley, 1990. "An Alternative View of Tax Incidence Analysis for Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3375, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_23 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:elg:eechap:15325_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van Long, Ngo, 2013. "The theory of contests: A unified model and review of the literature," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 161-181.
- Abdiweli Ali & Hodan Isse, 2006. "An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of Foreign Aid: A Panel Approach," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(2), pages 241-250, May.
- Gupta, Abhay, 2009. "Pre-reform Conditions, Intermediate Inputs and Distortions: Solving the Indian Growth Puzzle," MPRA Paper 14481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Selden, Thomas M. & Wasylenko, Michael J., 1992. "Benefit incidence analysis in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1015, The World Bank.
- Alcalde, José & Dahm, Matthias, 2010. "Rent seeking and rent dissipation: A neutrality result," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 1-7, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:kyklos:v:37:y:1984:i:3:p:387-413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0023-5962 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.